1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Frame Sliders for 4th Gen Yamaha R6

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 647, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 647

647 Well-Known Member

I am looking for some recommendations on a set of frame sliders for a 2019 R6.

I've identified, Vortex, Woodcraft, and Graves as some options. The Graves are a bit on the expensive side and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them and can vouch for whether or not they are worth the extra $$.

2. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I’ve used the graves on a lot of bikes last couple years and been very happy with em. Others, not so much.

3. 647

647 Well-Known Member

I kinda figured that those would be the ones to go with . . . Thanks for the feedback.

4. Pete Busch

Pete Busch Active Member

Yamaha actually makes a set that looks good but I have no idea how effective they are. I have to get a set for my 18 R6 and am between the Graves and Yamaha.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

guess it depends what youre trying to protect

6. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

We used the Graves sliders on the R6 in 2017. Never tested them but I liked how they were tucked in a bit and shaped in such a way that they probably won't break the frame in a crash.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I've always been a fan of the Woodcraft ones. They don't stick out a ton (less leverage to hork up the frame) and the slider itself is easily replaceable, even when ground down.

That said, I actually prefer to not run frame sliders at all. We call them "frame sliders" but I have never, ever, literally ever, had a frame get damaged from sliding across the ground (and this is usually without having sliders installed on the bike). Frame damage occurs from impacts, and sliders won't protect against that.

8. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Frame sliders work well on street bikes at least. Helps prevent damage when getting knocked over by some knucklehead in a car backing into your parked bike. I have some experience with this.

9. 647

647 Well-Known Member

I ended up going with the Graves sliders

I'll post back when I "test" them.