1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question On 565 Race Bikes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Last930, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Last930

Last930 Active Member

I see some folks racing 565’s in some series and don’t know of anyone that makes a 565. - are these modified 750? Sleeved or de-stroked 600’s? Can someone educate me on these bikes?

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

@sdiver

@roaring toyz

WARNING - do not let anyone named “Ben Probst” take your money and “agree” to build one for you.

418 and sdiver like this.
  3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Few ways to do it. The best way is destroked 600. Pretty simple build once you source the crank and rods.

And listen to RRP above.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

the fuck is the point of a 565.. what classes can you run that you can't with 35cc more

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

What???? He was so nice... .really made me feel like all I had to do was roll the bike onto the grid and the competition would beat feet. Though he did warn me about "production delays" and "machinist vacays" and a worldwide shortage of "unobtanium"... but Im hopeful Ill have a running class beater in 2022...lol

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I believe that you can run lightweight superbike classes against SV650s and the like. Maybe D Superbike? It's a WERA or CCS class that brings all the boys to the yard with that milkshake.

7. 713

713 Well-Known Member

It 's a bike built for CCS LW rules. It fits into GT lights, LW gran prix, and LW formula 40 if you are of age. KWS has built them using a gsxr600, R6, and zx636 platform. The R6 is the only one that needs a billet crank to work.

John Linder

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sounds like every thief and conman I've ever heard of!

:crackup:

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

not legal for any real wera lw classes. legal for WERA F2.

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The point was to compete with the air cooled Ducati's in CCS LW class. SV650's were collateral damage.

I ran mine in the 600cc+ class outside of CCS when there were air cooled Ducatis on the grid. Oh and WERA F2 once.

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Built a couple. Properly done, 112-115 hp. Built one at TOBC to compete with the Mavros Ducati, ran with the true 600s at Summit until both riders crashed it, the second crash wrote it off.

Curious what Probst did. Someone fill me in.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I can’t (won’t) speak to what he did or didn’t do to others.

As far as my personal dealings, I gave him cash, motor, and hundreds of dollars worth of new parts. I got a motor back with none of the parts I gave him in it that let go literally in 35 minutes.

He lied, stole and didn’t deliver and then never made good on any of it.

Slowly he stopped responding at all.

After nearly 2 years of trying, I gave up.

I regret I didn’t pursue it to the end. I was a chickenshit about it.

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I saw what you did there:D

Im sorry you went through that. Not the only issue with that guy, either.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep - 'twas a bummer.

BUT, in the long run I found Mike Copulous and couldn't be happier.

Cop is the polar opposite of Probst.:D

sdiver and Ducti89 like this.