1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for those in law offices

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 4, 2021.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Question for those that work in law offices. Are you familiar with the ALM Experts directory? I was approached to buy a listing in that directory for my expert witness work. I just wanted to check how prevalent it was or if you use it in your office. I am currently in the three Seak Directories but was thinking of getting a listing in the ALMExperts directory too if it has reach and use.

Thanks in advance.

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

We used it at my old law firm, but only for experts in areas we weren't ordinarily dealing with or when our other experts were conflicted-out. It seems more like a resource for niche-practices where word-of-mouth from our colleagues was not helpful.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, I'd guess that book is where the expert came from in a lawsuit against us. No one involved in motorcycle racing that I know at any level had ever heard of him before :crackup:

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Never used it in 30 years of practice dealing with experts in every case. I seek referrals from other lawyers or other experts or clients, then interview the suggested person. My process may be long and tedious, but it has worked. Finding the right expert for a matter is critical. At least my way, I have real feedback in advance of speaking with the candidate - not just whatever info the candidate wishes to advertise.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sam said they have it but she has never used it. She also said if they have it and kept it someone must use it.