1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the stock market junkies

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Feb 6, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So has anyone heard what the predictions for Halliburton stock peaking at this year? I am trying to decide if I should get next years college tuition money out right at one of the mini peaks now or if I should wait and see if it will hit $60.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So has anyone heard what the predictions for Halliburton stock peaking at this year? I am trying to decide if I should get next years college tuition money out right at one of the mini peaks now or if I should wait and see if it will hit $60. The trend looks like it is going up and I am leaning towards waiting.

3. caferace

caferace No.

Buy. :D

-jim

4. caferace

caferace No.

Sell. :D

-jim

crashman likes this.
  5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

What's your plan for selling down, how will you know the peak (if there is one) is good enough at the time you need it?Could you progressively sell down on peaks or take a portion out?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Baby killer! :Poke:

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am actually an environment killer. The baby killers are a different product service line.:D

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am actually in pretty good shape and don't "need" a certain stock price. I am just trying to optimize my gains and want to do it in one sale. I know there are some guys here that spend a bunch of time chasing stocks so thought I would ask for opinions.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Shit. Not sure why this double posted...

Anyone want to delete this or do we just let it die on its own?

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Sell covered calls against it

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Your stuck with it and you will get advice here that's the exact opposite of what is said in the other

crashman likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think it's everyone's duty to go to the other thread and post exactly the opposite of what they post here!

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dammit man!

caferace likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dammit man!

caferace likes this.
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

No. We're all gonna post different answers on both threads to confuse and annoy you. It's what we do.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What the hell happened to my post?

17. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Predictions on single stocks are about as good as flipping a coin.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Censored by the SEC. Expect a visit from some well armed goons in black suits soon. :Poke:

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shut up, Beavis