1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about MARRC

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Feb 12, 2020.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is this a corner worker/track day group? Or was it an actual race organisation in the past, that held races?

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They are a cornerworking org that runs runs a few track days each year as a fundraiser. They usually have a race license class as well. They have never themselves held races as far as I know.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Mainly corner workers (and great at it) with some fundraising type events. They rock.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Much love to all the corner workers.

My preference is to talk to them in the pits in the morning before the event and after the event is over.
    Never during the event.

I like it when their day is a relaxing front row seat at the event and nothing requires them to leave their comfy spot and cooler full of refreshments.

Banditracer and baconologist like this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Are you guys racing at Summit at all this year?

6. britx303

I always knew it as a cornerworker group for Summit rounds. A guy in my agency found out I raced,and he said he used to race with marrc, But I wasn't sure if they actually held races in the past. :flag:

7. britx303

In June.

Spang308 likes this.
  8. Spang308

I knew a guy that raced at Summit in the 90s and I could swear he told me he raced with MARRC, but we were discussing my interest in doing some track time and he may have been talking about their school. It was 25ish years ago.

9. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

Always happy to work with the professionals at MARRC. See ya soon Simon, I hope. Truly, these guys are great.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I worked corners and went to my first race school with MARRC back in the early 90’s. Just CW’ing and the school back then. There was the mock race for the school. I think they might have done the Friday practice day before the races as well.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. June 5-7 N2 Trackday Friday, Endurance Saturday, Sprints Sunday.

12. Spang308

I'm going to try and at least come spectate Sunday. Pretty easy afternoon ride from my house.