1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about Autoclub/Fontana

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by stangmx13, Sep 14, 2012.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I'm racing at Autoclub this next weekend and have a quick question for the experienced racers. I'm wondering how many people think that it'd be ok for me to run A Superbike Novice there on my 600?

This will be my second race weekend, so im still a PN. I'm on an 04' 600RR that is pretty far down on power (stock exhaust, no PC) compared to everyone else I've already raced in C and B SBK. However, I did win both my races at Buttonwillow, beat a few experts, and would have placed 2nd in the A SBK Novice race there too (based on race time, 10sec back to 3rd). Unfortunately, I've never been to Autoclub and will be learning everything at the Saturday trackday. I don't want to pose a safety hazard to anyone, but would like to run more than 2 classes (bike is only SBK legal, Brembo MC)....

So, does anyone think that I'd get run over in A SBK? How long is that ride around the banking rly?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Overall you'll be just fine. Enter it and if you're not happy with your times after practice let me know and we'll pull you out and get you a credit.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I think you'll be fine from a safety perspective, but you will get insanely frustrated. I never appreciated the outright speed of a liter bike until Auto Club. You'll spend the entire infield making up ground, and you lose 100 yards on the front straight.

4. stangmx13

cool, thnx for the input.

im ok w/ getting yarded, just means i get to try to pass more ppl (again) in the infield.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just remember it's not your normal class and there's no need to get stupid on the infield passing stuff and all is good.

6. stangmx13

^ that is always true :up: