1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about attending WERA race school

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Sudowoodo, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Pre-reg'd for E & F SS for July 2-3 at Barber. Anyone else doing the riders school that weekend?

2. Sudowoodo

I have a random question that seems dumb to make a separate thread for. I'm running an Ohlins shock with an external reservoir. Do the banjo bolts on the shock and reservoir need to be drilled and safety wired? I don't think I've ever seen them safety wired, but it is a pressurized oil line so figured I'd ask and verify.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, don't drill those. Same for banjos on brake lines.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  4. Sudowoodo

Did the rider's school and mock race on Saturday. Started the E SS race, had a really fun battle with another provisional novice on an RC390, then got lost in the sauce and crashed out on lap 4 in turn 11. Sprained my ankle and leathers were torn up pretty good, so couldn't participate in the other races I signed up for. Overall, best weekend of my life so far. Everyone I met at the track was extremely nice and helpful. Hands down the best community I've ever been a part of. Can't wait for Little Tally next month.

5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting the first weekend under your belt! I crashed out something like three laps into my first race due to a stupid decision on tires. Have had many clean weekends after that though. I'm sure you will too!

Sudowoodo likes this.