1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qualifying for GNF

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by BC975, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Wyngnut85

Wyngnut85 Member

Okay! No rush or anything. Thanks!

2. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Mongo, I just noticed on the NOLA schedule that the line above the Saturday race listing says "WERA Sportsman and National Challenge Series Races". That National part should be removed...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'll try to remember and do it before we print them for the event, typo n my part. We fly back Tuesday and leave for NOLA Thursday so no promises on remembering... Thanks for catching it!

4. BC975

BC975 Member

We had a great time racing with y'all on Saturday. Thanks to the WERA staff and competitors for the hospitality. See y'all at the GNF!!

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

You were very fast and clean. So you don't dq at the gnf though. Aftermarket brembos not legal in superstock. Just a heads up

6. vance

vance *

May go all Smokey and the Bandit and drive about 8,000 miles to run a few races at Tally in August to qualify for the GNF, but I can't find an event schedule for the GNF. What day would DSB and Clubman normally run?

Edit: can I only run one day at Tally and still qualify?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  7. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Where the heck are you driving from, 4,000 miles each way, Alaska?

9. vance

vance *

:). I'm a racer so slight exaggeration is allowed. Driving from Naples FL but would have to do a one day wonder, leave after work on Friday, drive 11 hours, race Saturday and be back by noon on Sunday. It's possible.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 2017 schedule will have some pretty major changes from 2016 - we're adding some stuff that will be cool but will result in a pretty major overhaul. I'll have it done as soon as I can.

11. vance

vance *

Been long time since I've raced with you guys but I believe the ninja 250 can race up to DSB and Clubman, correct?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Starts in F, up to E, then D and Clubman yep.

13. vance

vance *

Ah crap, I was looking at a double header schedule, which the 8/19 Tally round is not. So DSB and Clubman would be on Sunday only.

Edit: How long are those 6 group practice rounds on Sunday? Shows practice 8:30-11:00. I'm assuming you get more than 1 round of practice?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. The remaining SE stuff is single headers with Solos and Vintage.