1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

qatar wsbk!

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Feb 11, 2009.

1. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Anyone ever been to Qatar and have any hotel recommendations or just advice in general? Doesn't look like there's a whole lot to do there, so I'm planning a get in, get out sort of trip. Take a bunch of pictures, maybe write about it and see if I can get JU to publish it. And I figured it'd be pretty cool to see Spies win his inaugural WSBK race in person.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

fixed

3. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at going to the MotoGP race this year there. There will be a new W hotel opening this month I believe. Looks pretty nice, and all the others I have stayed at have been excellent. Might be pricey though. Luckily, I'm using points. I was talking with one of my buddies who might go with me, and he was saying that there is a lot to do as far as riding off road in the dunes and such. Its at least worth looking into.

4. amafan

amafan Banned

WSBK races at Phillip Island before Qatar this year , and Ben Spies will test at Phillip Island next weekend , and he will not test in Qatar , so I like Ben's chances at winning at Phillip Island better than his chances at winning in Qatar.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

6. BiZ

I've been trying hard to not respond directly to any of your posts. I would appreciate it if you did the same for me.

That's as nice as I can put it.

7. BiZ

What hotels have you stayed at in Qatar? How was getting to and from the track? From google maps it looks like the track is out in the middle of no where. I'd like to stay at a hotel that's going to have a bunch of the racer crowd staying there, so I can do the mingle thing. Maybe hook up with some umbrella girls. (It could happen!).

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

PM Qatar Rider.

9. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Deffinately worth looking into. There's guys renting quads near the dunes, but it might be more fun to rent an SUV and have at it! Driving anywhere with all the round-a-bouts and speeders is an adventure unto itself!

10. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Sharq hotel in Qatar. It was a super nice resort on the Persian Gulf. It's about half an hour from the race track and next door to the airport.

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

And for the more corrected version:

This year WSBK races at Phillip Island before Quatar. Ben Spies will be testing at Phillip Island before he races there. For this reason I think Ben's chances at winning at Phillip Island is much greater than Quatar.

See how much had to be changed?

12. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

..that just gotta hurt...sometime i really feel sorry for him...:Pop:

13. BiZ

In general I've had nothing nice to say in response to his opinions. But where some continue to beat their heads against the amafan wall, I'd rather just move on. Besides I hate forming opinions and judging people based on their internet persona. I know he's not trying to antagonize me... But...

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...I thought you were a complete ass based on your interwebs persona...then I met you...and confirmed it :D

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Here's a feature for you.

Attached Files:

16. BiZ

No way! That's for cowards!

17. BiZ

Just because I declined your offer to spoon in the shitter by the fuel pumps at Summit, somehow now I'm an ass? I told you I don't like small spaces.