1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW50 incl training wheels

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Motofun352, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For sale if you've got a young'un that you want to introduce to MC's. My youngest grandson just got a growth spurt so I'm looking to move him up. Shipping, as always, is the problem but I can help with local delivery. $750 OBO. I'm near Bloomsburg PA.

Attached Files:

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What age group are thse good up until?

3. Motofun352

I started my grand kids out when they were 4, using the training wheels and locking the throttle to about half open. The grand son is now 7 going on 8 and he just grew about a foot taller...maybe a bit over 4 feet? It's a good way to start them out though it doesn't teach things like shifting, clutch control. I used the training wheels but if they could already ride a bike I'd skip that step. It's mostly about size of the kid and their confidence. My grand daughter is fearless and after 2 years on the PW50 she stepped up to a Kawi KLR 110 without a problem.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Life. These are awesome little bikes even for a pitbike with an adult on board

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've got an 8 yr old (soon to be 9), who is begging to move up from his electric razor. I think he will need something a little bigger and that teaches shifting.

Thanks for the info.

6. Motofun352

To the Top....Christmas is closer than you think.....:eek:

7. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Keep it to coach on

8. Motofun352

^^^wise guy^^^ You know I ride suzukis, right? o_O

9. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

My daughter is 8 years old and is killing it on a PW. IMO the PW is a great platform to learn on as it requires throttle control and understanding speed, especially at their level of thinking. A lot of "DADS" put their kids on CRF 50's , slam it into 3rd and they tend to struggle. The transition to shifting will happen eventually, put the throttle / approach -corner speed it more important. Plus she has a big bore kit, if she gets it up to speed an maintains it she has no problem keeping up with other 4 stroke 50's in the twisty stuff. i-LhGGNgP-X3.jpg

xtremsiege2, cBJr, WIslowpoke and 3 others like this.
  10. Motofun352

That's so cool! Way to look through the corner too. Those can't possibly be the stock wheels?

11. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Sorry didn't mean to hi jack the thread lol.

They are stock wheels. PMT 10" Slicks fit, you just need to modify the rear swing arm and add a small spacer to the rear wheel. Most folks buy scooter tires, which are fine in the beginning. As they get faster slicks or proper mini tires are needed for safety. These things grip really good and she improved her times straight away.

Ray

Razr likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Good deal on a sweet little bike.

13. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I wish it was closer, I promised my 4 year a dirt bike for his fifth birthday

14. Motofun352

Jingle bells...jingle bells....:eek:

15. Motofun352

One last time? (I promise) :crackup:

16. Motofun352

I did use the laugh emoji when I promised...right? o_O Christmas is close ....don't let that young'un down. ;)