1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PUMA Boots:1000 Boots reviews needed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dr.z, Feb 3, 2009.

1. dr.z

dr.z Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the Puma 1000 race boots because they look like they offer a lot of protection. The downside to them is that they look like they won't offer much for flexibility/ movement. Has anybody tried these? Thanks.

2. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

They are great, I have had a lot of boots and these are the best so far, movement is good and the booty for your foot is real comfortable. I have had Gaerne, Alpinestar, and Sidi and would get the Puma's again.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I've got a set and love them. I havent had them on the track yet, but from what I have worn them around the house I am very pleased. They actually have alot more movement than you think.

4. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

the only down side i can see to them is they aren't available for big feet. :down:

5. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

They do offer a ton of protection, they are a little stiff at first but gets comfy as they break in. I find that we get a lot of exchanges for a size up. seems to run small compared to Astars or Sidi.

6. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I did not buy them because the ankle mechanism looks like it will get caught on the rear sets. Also, they are large boots that will alter the positioning of your foot on the pegs. The dealer where I tried them on said that many of the boots have been returned with problems.

7. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I know I have only used mine twice, but I did ride 4 different bike and never had a problem with my boots getting caught.