1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Hanging of Boston Bomber

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bodell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but yore an overachiever.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not so old that they did not teach of the days when RAcree's roamed the earth as history :D but not a lamb

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Then we become them, looking for a reaction from suffering. I think not.

4. sheepofblue

I did see the hippies in SF in '68. It might have been the 'summer of love' for some but I thought they were lazy and not worth much then either ;)

So send maple candy, get the hell off my lawn and send fuel.... bitches!

5. sheepofblue

You left of the riot in Detriot, Viet Nam (not personally just folks I knew), moon landing (faked according to loons), etc.

Though I did go to Disney Land before Disney World existed and to California on Route 66

6. ton

ton Arf!

at this point, pretty much every execution is by lethal injection. some states maintain the option to use other methods (NH and WA allow hanging by discretion of state officials and request of convict respectively). Nebraska's primary mode of execution by electrocution was ruled unconstitutional in 2008

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are clearing out my Mom's house and I found some old newspapers with coverage of the moon landing. I remember watching on the old Zenith black and white, pre-cable.

I-4 used to be nothing but groves and pastures before the Mouse.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Does anyone think the cheering throngs in Boston wouldn't have torn this cat to bits if the cops had given him to them? Americans are a bloodthirsty lot not matter how we try to gloss it.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have not doubt that if there wasn't 200,000 news reporters on the scene looking for an exclusive that he'd have beaten, kicked and torn to bits by dogs resisting.

The facebook campaign is whats f@ckin' stupid. Right up there with those online petitions asking for a death star and free soup on thursdays. Just shows how totally stupid some people are.

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Can you give any examples from the past quarter century where any non-governmental groups of Americans outside the KKK have acted like executioners, killing the perpetrator of a crime against people? I cannot think of any since Jack Ruby.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Bullshit, you were cranky at 20....

12. Jedb

I believe SLKC still has the Firing Squad.

13. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Ronnie Lee Gardner was last by firing squad I could find, 2010 in Utah.

Wiki says Oklahoma still has it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Too lazy to google, but I recall a serial rapist (in Miami maybe?) that was caught in the act by the outraged public. Don't believe he was killed, but they came close.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't understand why a public hanging would be "cruel and unusual". A.) It was the most common way of execution in early 20th century. Usually on the courtyard of the court house. B.) If done properly it's painless and instant. Hang 'em from an oak tree, then yeah... that's pretty bad. Hang them properly though and it's over in the blink of an eye.

16. sheepofblue

I bet a captured bike thief at a WERA race.... well OK likely not killed but he could spend a weekend duct taped to a telephone pole.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nine years ago, Gary Sampson was convicted in Federal Court in MA and sentenced to death. MA has no death penalty, so NH agreed to snuff him, but he's still alive, last I knew.
    If this guy is convicted in MA, I'm sure NH will be happy to add him to the list, but it may take awhile. As pointed-out above, we can hang him if we feel like it.

NHMS is the largest venue in the state, so it would make a good pre-race event for Nascar.

18. Jedb

I believe they were going to try him on Federal charges, not State.

In one of the other threads, and in the affidavit that's posted, it says maximum Federal penalty is death.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If convicted, he'll get sent to the super max in colorado. They'll keep him alive as to not piss off the islamic community.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Then in September, 1990, 13-year-old Melissa Benoit disappeared while visiting her father's grave at a nearby cemetery. Dozens of volunteers searched for her, including her neighbor, Henry Meinholz Jr., a family friend and former church deacon.
    After an 11-day search, investigators found the girl's body in a shallow grave in Meinholz's basement, across the street from the police station. In 1991, he was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison."

The trial was in Plymouth, MA., the crime committed in Kingston (next town south of me) and Meinholz worked a quarter mile down the street from my house.
    The trial was such a big thing that it was broadcast live on the local radio.
    The judge, when he was about to pronounce the sentence in Meinholz, stated, "In the days of our Pilgrim forefathers, you would have been immediately led out the door and hung at the gallows, right in front of this courthouse. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to do that."
    Meinholz's attorney tried to get the conviction thrown out for that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013