1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTC in Tenn

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 10, 2022.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I just found out about this track. 2.2 miles. I searched here and didn't see anything on the forum about it. Have you seen this Seane?

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I see one area maybe 2...better than others we have visited. .

4. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

I am interested in this as well since it is the closest track to me. I also noticed it doesn't seem bike friendly but would like to hear someone's first hand experience. I am planning to go with EvolveGT at some point this year.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Still 100% more bike friendly than NCM.

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go that far. NCM is great for what it is. A place to work on bike set up and testing. I've hardly ever looked at full lap times there, just set up splits on parts of the track where I was able to really push it.

boxcrash likes this.
  8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

They sure didn't waste much expense on the "The Track" page on their site. Doesn't say which direction it runs (or if it's bidirectional). Also I can't figure out how the "pros" manage to negotiate the track with 5 less turns than the students.

It's hard to judge from an aerial view but runoff seems to be at a premium in several places.

Based on the limited runoff on the west end of the long straight and the shape of the barriers on each side of the ditch on the middle eastern section I'm guessing it's ccw only.

Looks like there is going to be a lot of opportunity to hit a tree or a deer on a track like that. It's got potential but clearing some more trees out would make a huge difference for motorcycle events.

I'd sure like having a track closer to Nashville though. I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Nashville Superspeedway.

boxcrash, drop and William Schneider like this.
  9. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

That track has shades of Grattan. Hard to tell what the elevation is, but take out the 'bottom' section and link it and you nearly have Grattan.

10. William Schneider

Here's a video from a car hot lap. I don't love the 3D camera, but it does help with viewing the runoff areas. They look a larger than how the top-down view presents them. And it looks like the track runs CCW.

gixxernaut and FastByKids like this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Looks a million times safer than Ozark

TLR67 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, not remotely viable for motorcycles sadly.

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

holy shit that looks fun as hell. I mean, cars and bikes just have to be ready to eat tree bark but it's still safer than a canyon road.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My brother lives there and has met the owners, no bikes. Just the school. Still cool but not remotely bike safe according to him.

15. William Schneider

I would volunteer to help cut some trees down. It could be such a sweet track!

I wonder if they have made it any safer, since EvolveGT is going there this year.

boxcrash and sheepofblue like this.
  16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Was at this track this weekend with evolve. Did the track walk. Yes there are many spots it's dangerously close to trees, but they are opening all that up. The area where it looks the the track runs back on itself, and if you run off you could hit the track going the opposite way, would never happen. It is a big up hill climb and a huge downhill with an absolute suspension bottoming right hander. The paddock is tiny. Like tiny. I think there were many be a total of 15-16 truck/trailer parking spots and that many single vehicle parking spots. 1 men's and 1 women's bathroom. Altho they are going to be building more. The classroom is fantastic and has nice rocking chairs in the front porch overlooking the track.

Garages are being built.

It is completely in bfe America. But only 15 minutes away from the Jack Daniels Distillery which I visited and bought some special blend whiskey only sold in 5 states.

Will I go back and ride, absolutely. One of the lightest and funnest track days ever.

Evovle did a great job hosting.

Parking was so limited they made almost everyone park and put their canopies, bikes and everything on hotpit.

Times are comparable to NCM. PTC is safer than NCM iny opinion.

Will go back in a couple months with them.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Also bike videos are being uploaded. Not by me, but by some friends that were there

18. William Schneider

Just saw Jason's video. Looks awesome!!!

I definitely agree with this assessment (from watching the video). Really excited to try it out later this year.

19. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

This track is literally a mile and a half from our farm and we had no idea it was there. The location back up in Polecat Holler we heard was supposed to be some kinda of military training center. We went and looked at it when they first started clearing the land and kinda of forgot about it for a couple of years. Told my GF one day lets go up and see what they've done. We're driving down the road and I look over thru some trees and see red/ white curbing. I'm like "they built a freaking racetrack!" Had no clue. We never hear any kind of sounds from it at all. There are no signs out on the main road, so you never know its there.

boxcrash and evakat like this.
  20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So you live in bfe too lol.

It's wierd you go down the 2 lane until you see the goat screwing a chicken, then turn left. Drive until you see the man milking the cow, look to the right, you'll see the curbing and your there.

boxcrash likes this.