1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL i mean... he could have literally NOT raced 6 of the races this year and all other things the same, still would have beat Dovi for the championship. you're being a tad glib here.

his crashing style mostly doesn't lend itself to injury, although of course that's a big toss up and you never know. Honda might totally bone him one year but so far it seems to work. new challengers is the one elephant, but that one needs to be... substantial. of course its not impossible, but there's nobody on an FIM bike right now with that kind of showing at any level. he's probably good for the next 4-5 at least. maybe Quat, maybe Dovi, maybe Rins... who else below is showing that kind of promise?

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rossi used to say that he would consider a WSBK switch if and when his motogp glory days are behind him (in a "I'll go over and cherry pick those guys" kinda way)- I wonder what finishing 100-150 points behind Rea in that class would do for his resume.

Dude just hung in there for too long. He's somewhat healthy and that's probably also giving him false hope. Nothing will trend up for him at that age, on that bike and vs this grid in 2020 or later.

3. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Age catches up with everybody. I mean, look at Philip Rivers and Tom Brady...

Banditracer likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So... by extension- do you think Bautista would be faster than Rossi if they were both in WSB 2020?

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Bautista on the Honda and Rossi on the factory R1? My guess is that both would be outside of title contention but the Yamaha is the better bike so the nod would go to the 46.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:D

scottn likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The mirror is a heartless bastard is what I say.

Fuck him...

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I meant more like on equal machinery... the Honda will likely continue to suck. Personally, I think Rea has it on lockdown but Val would be a lot closer than you think.

masshole likes this.
  9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

You mean like Casey Stoner with his one podium and one pole? I guess you would have written him off too.

The idea that you write off Q as unworthy of the possibility of contention after the way he ended the season is laughable.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

There's nothing to dislike about this kid

gg836752.jpg

cBJr and Dragginass like this.
  11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

If Rossi announced a switch to WSBK, you can bet the R1 he would be on would barely resemble today's R1.

Yamaha Japan, Monster Energy and his other sponsors would throw so much money at that bike that it'd win the races on it's own while Rossi just held onto the handlebars.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Who said I dislike Qaurto? I love the kid. I also didn't say laughable, but now you bring up a reshowing of 2007, and yep, I'm laughing.
    Good thing is that time will tell...

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I know, I did.

exactly the point

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Ok. Any reason why they haven't done that for his motogp bike the last 5 years?

motion likes this.
  17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Because money goes a whole lot further when racing superbikes than it does in MotoGP. The same reason why Aprilia has collected so much hardware in WSBK but can barely score points in MotoGP.

18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Don't go using logic, it doesn't play well here. :rolleyes:

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I scored 46 <edit> bitchez

motion and motoboy like this.