1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He's racing next season and I can't see him doing any better. He deserves a fairwell tour though so he'll at least get that.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's definitely time for Vale and Jorge to hang it up and let some up and coming talent shine out there.

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Perhaps he could do like the European soccer players who put in a year or two with the MLS at the tail ends of their careers. Rossi could sign up with a MotoAmerica team to do the US series for a bit. Talk about a major test for his starpower. Could he raise the attendance and TV luster to that series?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Can't see that happening in a million years. And even if he would do such a thing, why would he choose to run the US domestic series over that of his homeland of Italy anyway? Even if it is a US company, I don't think Monster would pay him enough to make it worth his while.

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Would love to see him go do a season in WSBK, but that's just me being selfish and I doubt he's got much interest in it.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe his new crew chief next year will make a difference. It's a tough call for him, he can stay in GP for a couple more years and run 6th-8th, and it won't blemish his status, not many retiring racers can say that.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I'm not watching the funeral procession they call racing nowadays but I hope that the "has been" might again. I often think of Rossi whenever I hear William Shatners "Has Been" on Youtube.

10MM likes this.
  8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Yes it will, it always does when a previously great (performer?) stays around too long because they just can't let go. There's nothing wrong with a farewell tour, but it shouldn't be a multi years event.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean before it was the bike, but now we at least see the bike is on the box, so yeah. The end is near.

Next year will see record attendance at EVERY round for his farewell tour.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don’t like the direction this thread has turned.

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think if he is planning to retire, we'll know once they complete the first winter test, which I believe is in Spain. Rossi will have a firm idea on the bike's (and his) potential.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We were going to go on a big trip to Australia this year to both visit an old buddy in Melbourne, and see Rossi race at Philip Island plus some traveling around for a month. Some shit came up and we couldn't put it together, but we're going to make sure it happens for next year.

Might try and make it down to COTA too. I wish they still ran Indy :(

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Same here. Something always came up and I couldn't make it to COTA. Next year I will 99% be there

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Then we could see the two GOATs go head to head :clap:

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

maybe he can do like Suzuki and try it out during practice. where he is on the grid doesn't really matter much any more.

Senna likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He's P7 in the standings with his teammate and a satelite rider in front of him. We kind of already know of his potential. I don't think, and I would love to be wrong, there is a single bike on the grid that he could jump on and start winning again. If he wants to continue racing I'm all for it, he just needs to step down to the Petronas team and get Quartro the full factory support treatment. The people that raged on about Pedro needing to get the boot when he was still winning a couple races a year are pretty silent on this one, which kinda makes me giggle. :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yamaha could still treat Quattro like a factory rider even under Petronas. But I think Petronas is doing a great job as is.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know why people want to see Quartararo on the factory team. There's nothing to gain. All it's going to do is put more pressure on him. I personally think that his best chance to contend for a championship next year is to stay where he is.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed unless the factory comes up with something to make their bikes much better than what he's on.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He's supposed to get the same bikes as the others next year. Hell, even this year, they haven't had anything he needs since he got his last upgrade in Thailand.