1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: OK, this needs to stop!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I blame auto-correct and enthusiasm.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

3. joec

joec brace yourself

I just stick with grunting sounds and gesturing....

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Since we're on it... What is it with dropping "to be" from everything these days.

"It needs painted".

Really?

badmoon692008 and R Acree like this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Sail?

6. The beauty of English is that all nouns can be verbed, and all verbs can be nouned. Throw in some random adverbs, and we can dialog all day. I speak the truth about this truthy Speak.

terminus est likes this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

In the software world, build is frequently used and fully accepted as a noun describing the results of building software. If you have a problem with that stay out of the software world. Another example of using the word build as a noun is when talking about physiques, as even recognized by Merriam-Webster.

bj likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

The irony is.....bj is a software guy. Hahaha

9. In France there is a palace called Versailles. It is pronounced „vair-SY.“

In Kentucky there is a town, Versailles, named after the palace in France. It is pronounced, „ver-sails.“. :)

Razr likes this.
  10. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

No thread about domination is complete without mention of J7O.

Razr, t500racer and Robin172 like this.
  11. So is he dominate, or what?

12. bj

bj Well-Known Member

We do “releases” but I do have to concede the physique correction. I was more referring to the motorcycle/car world.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm with yas! Can't wait to see your new ex build..... Lol

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:whoosh:

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

English (as well as other languages) is fluid, not static.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

SW Ohio has one too. I gave up on French and Native American pronunciations (mostly street names) living in SW Ohio. Ultimately, everything is named how the people pronounce it.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah well, I still need to source some new parts for a build that I'm working on, and you aren't getting an invite to the official reveal.

[​IMG]

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We fought a war and whooped those brits in order to speak English the way we wanted. We threw off the yoke of a King so we could misspell and mispronounce words any damn way we wanted!

Now along comes a Prince to try and force you to speak English the way they do in Zamunda. That ain't freedom, it's neo colonialism! Tell Prince Akeem Joffer and his thought police to go piss on a lion and leave our English alone! Stand up for your right to use dominte any gawd damn way you want, incorrectly or not!

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Just like the town in Indiana. :D

And in Illinois, Marseilles is pronounced "mar-sails"

I won't even get into "hous-ten" verses "how-sten" in New York City (the street), or "new-ark" Delaware.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018