1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Provisional Novice

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Lance Molnar, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

So, finally through the handbook.

One thing I noticed was: Under a Provisional Novice License, a rider may race Sportsman events but not a National Challenge Series event.

Does this mean as a provisional novice you can't run an event that is both a Sportsman and National Challenge event? Will end up being July before I can go out if that is the case.

Thanks in advance - sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since a lot of them are combined it's not a hard and fast rule. Which event are you thinking about?

3. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Was hoping to do Roebling in March
    Not new to track or racing, but new to WERA

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you roadraced?

Even if you haven't, not a big deal. You can do the school and race Saturday and if all is good we will let you race Sunday.

5. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

I have, just not with WERA. Have a friend who started with WERA last year and talked me into giving you guys a go - my location (Morgantown, WV) isn't the best for the way the WERA regions are broken up which is why I had not previously run with you - thought this might get me to make some longer journeys and hit more locations (previously just at Mid-Ohio, Beaver, Summit, VIR).

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

If you have a current race license from another org, you won't be prov novice. Just show you license when applying for WERA and you are good to go

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

If you've raced before with a real sanctioning body (some track days do mock races which don't count) you're not a PN. I'm guessing you've got a CCS license and you'd be the same level with us as you are with them.

8. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Thanks (you are correct)...all ado about nothing I guess...sorry about that - thanks for the helpful feedback/responses. March can't get here quick enough (this warm winter is like a tease).

DeathMagnet likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem at all! This is all confusing as you get into it and then as you get more into it :D

10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Additional question on that.. are you guys going to allow PN to run the Endurance Race @ PIRC? I know of a couple people who got their provisionals waved to race in it. Was just curious if that was going to become somewhat of a standard practice? - I have not technically raced.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes if the riders have a good amount of track time under their belts. These Endurances aren't the same as the old school National series but there are still fast riders/teams out there so we are doing it case by case. Just trying to balance being as safe as possible with still getting new people on track.

rcarson15 likes this.