1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Provisional license? Riders school?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by swampape, May 3, 2017.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the repeat and/or dumb question(S), I searched the forum and didn't see this exact thing.

I raced last year in WERA minis (got 3rd at barber in the 85gp class, yey!). I've also been racing supermini down at herrins for a while now.

I'll be coming to cycle jam this year to race a 250 Ducati and hopefully an RC 390.

Do I need to take the riders school or can I race with some sort of provisional license? Don't mind taking the school if it's required but it would save me a decent chunk of time and money not to.

If I do need to take the class, can I also race in DSS and Vintage or will I have to roll with just my classmates?

Thanks y'all!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me - [email protected] - but your experience should be fine since you're going up incrementally. If you do take the school you'll be able to race that afternoon. Not sure we're doing a school Friday at Cycle Jam so most likely we'll just keep an eye on you in practice and the Vintage races Friday and you'll be good to go.

3. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Thanks Sean! I'll email you today. Appreciate the help.