1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Manager Position

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I though that I share here first.

I am looking to fill a project manager position (field contract) to close out the year on one or two projects, MI and WV/OH border.

Excellent look ahead for continued employment next year in West Virginia.

Mainline Pipeline Construction, providing management in the field to ensure success of the overall project by completing the project on time and on budget, while maintaining a safe work environment.

Responsible for understanding the terms of the contract, identifying change orders, controlling cost, managing schedule, handling subcontracts and managing resources to ensure projects are profitable.

- Cost control: budgeting, subcontracts, monitoring actuals costs and productions, invoice approval, subcontractor billings, and estimating costs at completion.
    - Project delivery: permits, coordinating and scheduling employees, equipment, subcontractors, vendors, and agencies.
    -Revenue: progress billing, pricing and negotiating change orders, and collecting receivables.
    -Communicating: correspondence, phone calls, requests for information, change order requests, submittals, progress meetings, change orders.

Message me if interested.
    I will provide additional details.

CSGM

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd offer other than I hate talking to people :D

Hawk518 likes this.
  3. bikerydr

bikerydr Active Member

required credentials and salary range?

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Required to live locally? I know someone who checks alot of the boxes and then some, but not local.
    I just took my pmp test this morning (passed!) but just started a new gig 3 weeks ago.

BrianC636 likes this.
  5. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

How was the PMP test? My company is going to pay for one when I'm done with school.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Contract work includes per diem.
    Based on experience weekly package, $3.8k +
    Credentials: PMP welcome but not required. Mainline experience prefer. Energy sector or linear work experience is helpful. Engineering, construction or equivalent experience.

Basically, we are looking for talent. Self starter, independent.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Plus company vehicle & phone.

8. worthless

Need onsite, right?

9. worthless

Sucked. Very hard to pass without taking one of the test prep courses. You'll need 4500 hrs of leading projects and 35 hrs of training. The prep courses help you pass the test. They assume you already know how to manage projects. The test is all situational type questions. I used all of the 4hrs for the 200 questions. There are lots of sites online that have sample questions and many of them are similar, some verbatim, to what was on the test.
    If you're going to do it soon, wait until after the 1st of the year. They're going to start testing on the new version of the PMBOK which isn't out yet. Truth be told, I'm surprised i passed.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Sooner than later. But at this time I am also looking forward to next year. So, good candidates are welcome.