1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profiling or being Judgemental

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by PPR, Feb 2, 2004.

1. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

I was in this discussion with a women today trying to explain that everyone is judgemental or profiles to some degree.

Here is what I stated, please elaborate when finished.

I try not to judge or profile someone before I get to know them but we all do to some degree for we are human. Every human has judgmental aspects within them which cannot be controlled.

Example:
    If you saw someone tattered with worn out clothes, picking through a trash can and I asked you what is that? ( Your first thought pattern would be a bum!) That is judgmental but then again it is true in our modern day English and what society has taught us. The translation of what the word bum means to the actions that are occurring so you are not actually profiling if the person is dressed and acting out what the representation of the word means .

Bum - This is global terminology
    To live by begging and scavenging from place to place.

So if you speak words from your mouth towards anyone then you are judgmental in some manner either positive or negative. For each of those words you speak has some sort of interpersonal communication meaning.

Who has denoted that vowels and constantans mean such things that comes from our lips? Humans have through time.

If a specific situation happens over and over it is considered though human engineering as characteristics.

Being judgmental or assuming things about people is considered profiling. If your perception or indication about someone is correct it's not profiling.

Profiling is -
    A representation of an object or structure or Degree of exposure to public notice; visibility

If I or the public assumed that a person has specific characteristics and is performing certain acts and they were not then it would be profiling or being judgmental.

If they are acting upon what the human language has determine that specific sounds and vowels (word) mean in comprehension with the mind then it is not.

Please support or object as you see fit :beer:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

prior to judging your spelling and incohesive sentence structure, i profiled you as an educated wordsman.
    after attempting to read your poorly written drivel, i judge your works sophomoric and profile you an intellectual despot.
    more importantly, the fact that you engaged a women(sic) in discussion...(don't you know you can't win, let alone gain any reasonable 'semblance of valuable information?)...clearly shows you have a dire need for proper education. :D
    i can't fault you for looking here, however. as we all know, this is the source of true knowledge.:cool:

3. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the grammar/spelling bashing. I enjoyed it immensely. I didn't state the email had stellar structure nor did I impose I'm looking to wield power. Next time I'll send my email out to my editor prior to posting. :bow: Thanks Freddy!

It was a fun topic today, for some people love controversy. :confused:

Oh, I did a search on google with grammer god and your name came up.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i don't know.

wht is it that every time i fly, i get picked out of line and searched and rummaged, while middle eastern folks walk right by? has a caucasian male EVER highjacked a plane?

go figure.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes. And they usually have square heads and smell of Gin and nacho cheese.

If I was one of the airport Groovy Ghoolies I'd club you like a baby seal.

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dear dave, the baby seal thing has lost it's shock value. please say something more offensive from now on. :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Beat you like I stole you? Beat you like a mime? Whip you like a political prisoner?

Ah hell this is too much work. I'm going back to listening to Shelter.

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

If your presumption about a person isn't negative then no one really cares (even if you're wrong).

9. 418

418 Expert #59

LMFAO :p

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...and so i did.
    btw, if you had 'stated' it was from an e-mail, the errors may have been forgiven...unless it was 'your' e-mail.:Poke: :eek:

i'm a grammar god?!?
    just goes to show ya...some people believe in entities that don't exist or in entities that don't know they have worshippers.:rolleyes:
    you may apply that as a blanket statement...maybe that will suit your controversial interests?

there was some, albeit slight, intellectual humor in my first post. i assume you missed it.:p too bad...it's really funny.:D

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Profiling, discriminating and being judgemental are not necessarily bad things. We all use those processes to determine many things and make many decisions.
    Ask your woman friend if she ever turned down someone who asked her out on a date. If so, any reason she had for turning that person down was at least one, and possibly all of those things (profiling, discriminating and being judgemental).

Sorry to stay on-topic.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

:D