1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

professional sports uniforms

Discussion in 'General' started by turbodogs02, Dec 23, 2012.

1. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

Specifically the Seahawks....

Not so big into sports these days like I used to be, besides baseball, but just happened to catch the last of the 9er's/Hawks game, and dear gawd, the Seahawks uni's are just awful. I mean, they used to have a pretty cool look, but now....they look like a cartoon, or a video game. An why is the Nike logo backwards on the right shoulder? That's stupid. Just put it the right way around.....idiots.

I like the old uniforms. The old traditional looks...even the 49ers, with changes over the years, still look pretty much like the old time ones.

Basketball, even baseball too....

IDK.....I don't like some of the new looks. Too flashy, too goofy.

These kids and their loud music and their backwards hats....

and stay off my lawn too.
    :D

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Give me the Minuteman on the Pats' old helmets, and the Houston Oilers' derrick to confuse them with when you walk into a room with the game on an old CRT 19" screen...

I think it all started going downhill when they put graphics on the screen. A true fan would KNOW the count, the outs, and who's on base, or the down, possession, yards-to-first, and which QB was wearing the brighter-colored dress. Yanno?

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

ehhhh I kinda dig the sea hawks uniforms. I think that color combo is sweet.

4. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

I'm a seahawk fan and I like the uniforms. Great color combo. Only thing I'm not too big on is the seahawk on the helmet connecting in the back, but it doesn't bother me too much. At least it's unique now and doesn't look like 4 other teams haha.

As for the Nike logo, it isn't backwards they face forward. Look at all the Nike shoes, you don't see it pointing backwards on the right sides.

5. turbodogs02

Those old logos rocked!

And for sure, ditch all the video game graphics and camera's.....

Hell, go back to leather helmets and no pads......:D

6. turbodogs02

speaking of classic looks, there's a great special on Fenway Park on MLB network right now....

The Yankees, Redsox, Dodgers.....good clean traditional looks.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I like the Seahawks uniforms but I also like the Niners old school look, in the 90s they ruined them by adding a bunch of black with white pants. My biggest problem with uniforms right now is Nike having to put that gay collar thing on half the NFL jerseys, it looks fucking horrible.

8. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

hahaha yeah, I agree about the collar. I just dont get it

9. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

As a Bostonian, must say I miss Pat Patriot. The Flying Elvis just isn't the same.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'll take the new unis and the 150 points in 3 games.

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Football sucks

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think they're great. I love the neon green accent on the navy blue. It reminds of the look Oregon goes for, with a little less flash. :)

Also the Nike logo is reversed on all the NFL jerseys, on that side.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Even old school, you can't go wrong with gold helmets.

:beer:

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So Honda should put their Wing on the wrong way on gas tanks on the right? Now that looks ugly....
    Its all Style... And with Nike being Headquartered up there I think they will do whatever they want...:D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue what the uniforms look like but the Nike swoosh is directional - just like an american flag - so there is no left and right but a front and back of it.

16. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

How about the Steelers striped uniforms? They look like they just broke out of prison. Glad they don't where them often.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I love the NY Giants uniforms. We just need some players to put in them. :(

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Steelers striped stuff sucks major ass.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every time I think you couldn't possibly be a more popular guy… :D

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But this time he's right:D