1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro racers should be banned from...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Aug 9, 2019.

1. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Pro riders need practice as well. Most people just can't rent a track by themselves.

2. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Cool video. Reminds me of the time I tried entering turn 1 at Roebling behind Mesa and May on my ZX10R. I actually matched their speed!

I never came out of turn 2... Thankfully there is a sand trap out there!

3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

For the record, that was actually an accident with no ill intent from Canepa. Do your research.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

God, I'm tired of that argument......

He made physical contact with another rider at a trackday because he let his temper get the best of him, which resulted in significant injury to said rider. That is no "accident."

In what situation would that have been appropriate, unintentional consequences or not?

vizsladog and 418 like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude slapped the other guys brake lever.

Fenati had no "ill intent" either, I'm sure.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

plus he probably gets 8-12 trackdays out of a set of Q3s...lol (if he only does 3 laps a day...lol)

7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was there that weekend on a wornout/abused 50K-mi pogo'ing 929 stuntbike, -1/+12, in advanced. Had been stuntriding, so hadnt been on a racetrack in a few years. Stuntbike was all I owned, and I wasnt missing the 3-day Barber weekend a BUNCH of my racer friends were going to :)
    Dude comes around the outside of me entering the last right-hander, sitting straight-up/down, not even working/hanging off the bike....I see blinkers/mirrors, and SCHWANTZ across his back. Boi'ing!!!! He cruised by, like he was yawning inside his helmet....he probably was, haha. (I later noticed he was on OEM tyres, even....and still was sweating everyone in the coners.)
    He noticed my shitbox, and i got the chance to talk to him in the pits....Coolest, most down to earth guy, i ever met! Got pix of him sitting on the gastank, feet over the bars, somewhere. COOL guy!!!!! Sat next to him in Sunday Mass, and had breakfast w/ them. My idol, since I discovered racing/wera in mid-80's.
    He was so down to earth, you forgot who/what he was....he came off as just another fun/cool/moto-guy....a regular guy :)
    ***When you meet your Hero, and he is even cooler/real than you could have ever imagined :)

-1/+12 929 shitbox
    78233562_443180976604740_6625909497091063808_n.jpg

Barber/Schwantz weekend entering T-6
    929.jpg

Meeting my Childhood/Moto Hero
    ks.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Yzasserina and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

demoralizing has to be watching a racer in front of you crash, remount and then pass you again in a handful of laps.

NemesisR6 likes this.