1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro racers should be banned from...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about that thread of FB (TDJ Maybe?) about certain pro riders supposedly causing track day guys to crash by passing them aggressively.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I definitely grimaced when he went by some of the really slow riders. The slow riders are prone to go anywhere, like a jackrabbit. A collision with Canepa would be catastrophic.

3. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Haha. Good analogy.

ducnut likes this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I am inclined not to. I'll dump it into the moderators' laps for a decision.

The video was posted in the YouTube thread just as a video.

It looks to me that even if the poster of this thread saw it over there, it serves as a great example of something that he is concerned about, which is obscenely fast people slicing through the traffic at a track day.

The resulting discussion transcends the simple reposting of a video.

Over the years, I have witnessed more than a few boneheaded moves on a racetrack during track days, race schools and practice. All unnecessary. Some resulted in accidents and one in particular ended a racing career.

MODERATORS, BITCH POP OR NOT?

ducnut and Ducti89 like this.
  5. Johnny B

I read that Mike Baldwin used to ride in the woods and buzz the trees as closely as possible. He used this experience to buzz backmarkers on the track. The slow riders would react erratically and mess up anyone who happened to be chasing Mike.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Same thing happened to me in my first CCS "solo" (what they call GT race). It was the last lap and was going into T10, 2 turns from the finish at NJMP and I got lapped by some of the first 2 expert guys. To my credit though I did run off the track on the first lap so that that contributed to me be behind a bit more.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Argh.... Good grief!

Pray tell since when are we asking questions prior to bitch slapping?...

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Mighty Achilles, silenced by a slave....:D

Maximus the merciful....

ducnut likes this.
  9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

the guy went around people slower than him, is that wrong

10. Johnny B

Let me clarify. I'm not inclined to do the bitch pop on this one. Unless Dave K is in a bad mood and demands that I pop him. Or maybe he'll tell me to pop you for being a snitch!

5axis likes this.
  11. Johnny B

I've heard stories about Jeff Wood. I actually heard a cornerworker radio in that he passed a 600 around the outside in Turn 6. Riding an 80cc Rieju.

Then there was the time he was passing everyone riding two-up with his wife.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes.. Bobby Lewis was helping me that weekend... RIP..

13. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I passed Shane Turpin one time. I thought I had conquered the god d*#n world.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I wonder how different those WSB R1's are from something you could build here.

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Someone took the stall next to mine at the Indy GP some years ago while I was already conducting business. He finished ahead of me. When I came out, the same dude in Rizla gear was already at the sink, washing his hands.

It was Loris Capirossi.

16. Faggot

Faggot Birth of League

I was riding button a few weekends ago and Toni Elias was riding. I didnt know it was him until I saw in the paddock.

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

wow Guintoli,Black on street GSX-R's slicing through traffic

TurboBlew, Prospect and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Barber is home I have been passed by most of the AMA grid at one time or another LOL. It is really cool most of the time to watch them. Just do what you are doing and you are just a mobile (if slowly) cone to them.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The license plate is a nice demoralizing touch....

Absolutely no disrespect for Guintoli, but the other riders are squids....

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I was coaching at Barber once and I believe, Cycleworld, was there doing a magazine test. Schwantz and a couple other professionals were there riding on bone stock, street tired bikes. I mean, I looked at the bikes...they were straight off the showroom floor. To watch them just absolutely disappear from people and the ability to be going in a corner hard and fast and realize passing the "cone" in front of them at that time wasn't good and to just completely stop the engagement of passing and pull a hand on their hip was awesome and mesmerizing.

I was not a slouch at Barber...was able to turn mid to high 30's there....I got hooked up with one of the mag riders with some clear track and was able to keep up for about 3/4 a lap. I mean, I was absolutely pushing myself..working the piss outta my R6 staying on his tail section.....was feeling awesome and learning a ton....then Kevin comes by both of us like we are out for a Sunday stroll. Dude I was following turned his head back at me and then literally left me like I had grabbed a hand full of brakes. I was crushed.

Chris, badmoon692008, SpeedyE and 5 others like this.