1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prisoners are not guaranteed a painless death

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BHP41, Apr 2, 2019.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I don’t know which side of this you’re on, but did you read what this guy did? FUCK him! Stick him in a wood chipper for all I care. And any lawyer that would try to prevent it can follow him...

crashman and ducnut like this.
  3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

“The Eighth Amendment does not guarantee a prisoner a painless death — something that, of course, isn’t guaranteed to many people, including most victims of capital crimes,” :crackup:

gixxerreese likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Doesn’t matter afterwards anyways.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The Supreme Court is the main reason I voted for the Cheeto. If the Hildabeast has been allowed to stack it with another Kagan and Ginsburg it could’ve gone the other way, along with a whole bunch of other heinous shit.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Isn't death painless. I mean the actual specific time of dying. Is it painless. I think the events leading up to it might be painfull though.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Death is painless I guess....dying maybe not so much. But I agree with a previous a comment up there, especially based on the crime(s) that were commit.....I vote for woodchipper, feet first off course.

Funkm05 likes this.
  8. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

That’s what bothers me the most. You have these lawyers going around the country trying to get these guys off death row. To me it’s a slap in the face to the victims family and friends. Who was there to get the victim off death row? The only prisoner that I feel should be giving a long time on death row. Is the ones that are locked up over total circumstantial evidence. Other then that we have dna and things that even the slimiest lawyer wouldn’t go for an appeal they should be killed as soon as they are convicted.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sharia Law does have it's upsides in times like this. If you rape and kill you damn sure ain't entitled to a quick and painless death.

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

BB0B1286-5B08-4AB8-A27F-56A41FE72D6A.jpeg

11. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Screw him this was from 96. I didn't see the date of the trial itself but that's 23 years to long to kill him. Let him choke!!

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Needles? Medical condition? Put them in his fucking Eyeballs then!

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Alabama had “Yellow Mama”. They need it back, as does every other state. With one a day till the back log is done. 6CEA4F90-941C-4BFD-8C73-ECE2F8B73C58.jpeg

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Drop them all off on an island, use occupied island for navy bomber practice.

15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Donate the prisoners to Shark Week, drag them behind the boat like a top water plug and watch the great white sharks blow them up .

cav115 likes this.
  16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Sitting in prison forever is a worse fate IMO , just sux it costs us so much.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And if you are concerned about it having to be painless drop him in headfirst...

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We could probably reduce costs if we weren't so determined to keep them from self execution.

cav115 likes this.
  19. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

Eye for an eye

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I posted this because I believe this is a case that highlights what the left is all about in terms of the courts. If we look past the actual persons involved and look at what the justices voted on we see that 5 of them voted to apply the law and 4 voted to make law. I applaud Justice Gorsuch for how he views his position as a SCJ and he makes very clear that the 8th Amendment regarding "cruel and unusual punishment " is about adding to death and not caused by the means of execution. You can't beat a person on the way to the gallows, that's cruel and forbidden by law. You can't cut his hands off because he stole something and then hang him for the crime. The 8th A makes no mention of pain caused by the actual exectution and this is how the law should be applied and thankfully, it was in this case.

The liberal justices and the left view the SC(and other courts) as a way to make law when they can't get their agenda passed. This is a landmark case in that light. Not the case itself, but that we now have SCJs willing to apply the law and not make it. Everyone , regardless of your views should view this as a win.

The 4 liberal justices have shown(again) that they will allow their personal beliefs come before their role on the SC. Capital punishment is legal, the law allows persons to be executed. Period. They have no authority to change that. This goes along with the not so new idea from the Dems to pack the courts. I do not believe that they don't know how law is made. They clearly do(except AOC) , I do believe that they can't get their agenda passed even if they had a majority on Congress because the popular vote on what they want is not on their side and would cause many to be voted out of office. Which leads them to wanting to turn the courts to pass unpopular views.

If the Dems had their way, allowing the courts to make law, we will be no different than N.Korea, China, Russia or Iran. They want power just like these regimes have. Totalitarian hid behind the guise of democracy.

This case highlights why '16 was so important to so many of us. I am thankful that we have a President that nominates judges such as Justice Gorsuch who, as the Esquire writer quotes when Al Franken confronted him on the truck driver case said, "...but my job isn’t to write the law, senator, it’s to apply the law."

There is hope still for our Republic but the fight is far from over.

ryoung57 likes this.