1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preping a YSR

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by baconologist, Dec 13, 2014.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

shake down went well. He's excited!

[​IMG]

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I would also like to see how these do. Please start a thread when you get a chance to see one on track, against other bikes of (more) known performance potential.

They look expensive for a Chinese mini, but pretty reasonable if you think about what it would cost to build something of comparable performance.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

They seem to kill the nsr50. Kid in our club switched from the NSR to the Kayo and won the Spec Supersport national championship.

4. Awesome. Don't forget the gopro or similar.

5. baconologist

nailed it!
    [​IMG]

I think the best comment on the way home was "I love that track! when can we come back?"

Anyone has a suggestion for gearing on this little thing. He's running out of 5th and just staying wound up. I'll have to count the current teeth this week.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

There is a reasonably priced nsr 50 on the usgpru forum. If your boy seems serious, buy it and sell the ysr to a collector. You'll thank me later.

7. baconologist

I'm already looking around for a replacement. It's just going to be a "next year" thing. For now I'll do what i can to make the YSR fun and reliable-ish.

8. baconologist

bye-bye YSR

[​IMG]

we'll see y'all on the grid next year. Got a lot of riding to get done to build comfort.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I think this needs to go here. Ha.

Attached Files:

10. baconologist

it did, and he has a long way to go. But he likes it and was keeping his line and speed up. I kinda don't want to discourage him. He said for now, just track time. He doesn't want to race against the adults yet.