1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Precision Rifle Series…Anyone done it?

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Jul 1, 2022.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Registered for my first match in Gap, PA Sunday.

Anyone else done these competitions? Looks like fun.

2. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I've shot local prs matches(been a few years, shooting a different discipline now), but not a PRS Series match.
    Gamechanger bags are the ticket. Some people show up with a bunch of bags and gear. Keep it simple. One bag and a good bipod.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

It's my first time, so I think I'm leaving the Bad Rock at home...I have a Savage Precision Axis II with a Vortex Strike Eagle with a Magpul bipod.

I'm not looking to win, I'm just looking to take a first run into this and see what it's all about. The boy's with his "other parent" this weekend so I can go and get a feel, then
    the next one bring/register him in the 18/under division and I'll have a clue to help bring him in and maybe answer a question or two that he'll have along the way.

I will say though..that Bad Rock is a fucking TACK DRIVER!!! Didn't even really sight it in last Sunday shooting it for the first time...just grabbed it out of the case, and went to the table.
    Denise spotted, a couple shots a couple clicks and I was hitting the steel gongs at 300 yards. Went to the 500 yard lane....HIT! Alex had to try/shoot it...then it was like "Hey you little sh*t!!! Give me my gun back!!!!!" LOL

He has his own Savage Axis in .223 with a Magpul bipod and a Vortex Venom on it. That little sucker don't miss often...he was nailing 500 yards like there was nothing to it.

5. No, no and no. Always wanted to but don’t need another rabbit hole to go down that I throw way too much time and effort into :)

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When I get too old to ride bikes and split fire wood I'll take up "senior" sports like golfing and long range shooting.....:Poke: :flag:

bullockcm likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You could always stack *someone else’s* firewood…

8. StaccatoFan

PRS ain’t bench shooting Jack.

If I have to quit riding. It’s because it was taken from me by events beyond my control. Not age.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I said that and had given up on golf years ago when I started to turn into a scratch golfer. Tried the long range shooting gig and learned quickly that I sucked and was waaaay too poor to try. :crackup:

10. StaccatoFan

PRS is like yoga with rifles.

definitely a challenge.

Missed a LOT today. Learned a LOT too.

prm likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Check out X-Ring on youtube. Dude shoots PRS and all of his rifle setups are feckin ungodly. The Precision Rimfire stuff looks like a ton of fun.

Still, these guys are weighing and measuring every single round. It's no joke if you want to be competitive. Many of the barrels this dude has are custom order.

12. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

13. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Hell, I was happy to take my Ruger M77 in .243 with custom handloads and put three inside a 3/4" circle at 100 yards. Those PRS guys are just unbelievable!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

We all shoot custom barrels.

15. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

Yep, coming back to bikes for awhile.