1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-printed number plate backgrounds

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn A., Dec 21, 2004.

1. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Does anyone make the pre-printed numbers and backgrounds for Roadracing like they do for MX?

2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

back of lockharts book, few different sizes

what ya looking for got the book right here

3. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Yeah i got the book also. I was looking for a pre-printed background that is cut and molded for the specific application w/ the numbers already on there like they do in MX/SX

4. Brian129

cant help ya there, i am going to use this sticker stock type stuff that you can grab at a hobby shop and use the standard motor cross numbers. post up if you do find something like that, would like to know

5. Seven+2 1's

Seven+2 1's Well-Known Member

Just ordered (and received) a set from De Cal Works. 1.800.784.4000 ask for eric. The look great...............

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Brian. if your having your bodywork painted anyway, have the # plate backgrounds painted on.

7. Brian129

nah easier this way, not to mention the paintjob is a favor;) (no gay things about it) and this way it can be yellow or white easy change(yeah like i'll ever be a white plate, or this painjob will make it till then).

its easier to blow in if its one color, for that odd chance i bust my ass :rolleyes: :D

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

using the decal backgrounds are a pain on alot of bikes, but if you only do the small, left front thing for your front plate, it won't be so bad.
    my first bike i used the decal, but painted it the second year, and the R6 is all painted on. looks way better.

9. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

It's even easy to do yourself once you get your bodywork back from the painter.

After painting the backgrounds, you can cover the edges with trim tape from autozone/napa/pep boys for about $4.

10. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

That's not to say that I have run duct tape background for half a season, so I'm not throwing stones or anything. :p