1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayes Needed for a friend and his family

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremy dunn, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I don't normally do this but I figured I'd reach out to the racing family on this one. I have a coworker that I have become good friends with over the past several years that had something happen to him that we all think could never happen to us. It was just a normal day like any other when he gets a call from one of his wife's coworkers & tells him that she passed out at work & isn't breathing & she is being taken to the hospital. He leaves work & arrives at the hospital to find out that his wife's heart had stopped beating & they were in the process of trying to revive her. The doctors told him that they had gotten her heart beating again but she had basically died for 15min. She had no prior symptoms or complications, she suffered what they call "Instant Cardiac Death". There's a less than 50% chance that people that experience this recover but she made it. She isn't completely in the clear yet & it's going to be a long road to recovery, she still doesn't remember that day at all.

I know a lot of you on here have wives & kids & would probably think that nothing like this could ever happen to a perfectly healthy person. If you would, keep them & their family in your thoughts and prayers.

If any of you guys are in the Raleigh area, they are having a bike/car show fundraiser for her & the family to help with medical bills.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7772842

For those of you with facebook & would like to keep track of her progress
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-...=ts#!/pages/Amys-Fight/158007024225846?v=info

Please join the community at Locked and Loaded on Hwy 70 Garner in support of the Moore family! Bike and Car Show Saturday, November 20

*Registration 9 am-11 am * $20 for each bike or car Tons of prizes announced at 4 pm (must be present to win) 14 trophies to be awarded plus special awards: Amy's choice & Peoples choice 50/50 Raffle * Silent Auction * Live Music * prize raffle

Silent auction items: -RPM 4-Free (3 pulls on dyno excludes tuning) -Wendell Siding Free Gutter guards up to 150ft (leaf slugger) -Autographed Hockey Stick from the Carolina Hurricanes W/certificate of authenticity -One week vacation package with choice destination -Go Pro motorcycle camera - 707 Backlash Helmet (provided by Cycle Gear) - Street Steel motorcycle jacket (provided by Cycle Gear)

We have a large amount of donated items that we will be giving as raffle prizes as well as for winners in the car/bike show:

-Gift certificates to Phoenix Tattoo -Gift certificates to Rush Hour Carting -Carolina Hurricanes club level tickets -Cycle Gear products/items -Monster Energy freebies -Honda Motor sports gift certificates -Locked and Loaded gift certificates -FMF Apparel freebies and giveaways -Wine tasting party package

Amy's Cardiologist will sign guests up for CPR training

We have a band, D-sass, that Amy had become attached to shortly after waking up from the cooling process coming out to play

A DJ will play the car/bike show.

T-shirts printed will be offered to the first 50 cars/bikes for free when they register

Thanks again guys,
    Jeremy

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Wow. Done.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Prayers sent.

4. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

thoughts and prayers for your friend....

5. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

prayers sent and added on fb!

6. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

prayers sent

7. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Prayer sent.

9. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

God bless them...

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That's a very tough thing to go through. Best of luck to your friend's wife and family.

11. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Prayers go out to the family and friends..