1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Requested

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

We will be praying for Brett and his family.

2. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

Hang tough, Brett.

3. Avello490

Avello490 Member

Brett Cole's accident and current status

Hey gang, Firstly, Brett is a great kid, only 17 and full of enthusiasm for bikes and recently fired up for WERA racing. The current understanding is that he was in his lane in a left hand curve and an SUV crossed over into his lane. He hit head on and somehow hit the passenger side windshield pillar. Probably that's where his shoulder/arm were damaged. I'm just assuming here. Anyway the Alabama Highway Patrol is supposed to do a reenactment to determine what really happened.
    Brett is at UAB hospital where he is indeed recovering slowly. As of this a.m. he does not know what happened to him and how bad off he is. But he has a lot of local people who love and support him. They are just now starting to take him off the ventilator and other tubes.
    That's it for now. Henry Avello #490

4. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

Prayers sent from us all.

5. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Thinking about him.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he does well.

6. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Update
    Clipped from the Floribama Riders list (thanks to Mark Camberon for the updates):

7. Ryan Nelson

Message from Brett's parents:

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I am so glad that he has such a great family to support him. He will continue to be lifted up in my prayers.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sigh.

done.

10. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I can't imagine how hard this must be, Brett. Stay strong and know that you can do anything you set your mind to! You have a lot of poeple pulling for you :up:

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Brett...you are stronger than anyone in the UFC. Hang in there and get better!

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

agreed. it is so great to hear about strong families and how they handle rough hurdles like these.

this is only a hurdle and close families like this take these things as they are and survive.

i don't know brett, but like many others here - my very deepest thoughts and prayers go out for brett and his family and friends.

13. Ryan Nelson

Another clip from the Floribama Riders list (from Mark Camberon):

14. MotorToad

MotorToad Member

Brett has an email address they've given out if any of you want to leave him a message or encouragement. dbcdirtbike at aol dot com

15. Ryan Nelson

Another update from the Floribama Riders list (by John Owen):
    From Mark Camberon:

16. Mr. Wu

Mr. Wu Career "Back-Marker"

Prayers sent ...

17. MotorToad

MotorToad Member

Avello490 visited Brett and got some news about the accident. I'll let Henry share the embarrassing version of the visit himself... :-D

18. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

How bad ass is this kid? :D I want to be there _when_ Brett takes the grid for his mock race.

19. FUZION

FUZION Well-Known Member

He truely is a champ! What a great attitude to have.

20. Ryan Nelson

Clip from the FBR List (Mark Camberon):

From Chris Thompson: