1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Sweden

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Focker, Feb 19, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, there are plenty of passionate people on the other side of the forum. I understand the difference quite well. And I only ask because you seem way past "once in a while." :D

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I was going off the FIFY from Focker...thought the updated post "trumped" the other one. :D

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I sit at an extreme end of the intensity scale. :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is so timely. I was just thinking a couple of days ago that you have elevated your game to dung beetle levels in the past month (except he actually sounded more mature and usually tried to make a point, no matter how bad). And here you are with a giant "TURD" sign. :D

deepsxepa likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't remember the last time I saw an intelligent sounding president. They ALL say stupid shit regularly.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think that Trump is stupid. He's just unbelievably ignorant and doesn't seem interested in learning, probably because it would require his ego to accept that there are things he doesn't know. Dismissing him as stupid takes the focus away from his real weaknesses.

8. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Still not what I said.. :rolleyes:

9. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I really think his biggest problem is his own ego.

Orvis likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't disagree. I don't think any of them including G Dub were truly unintelligent, but they all say/said truly stupid shit. Obama was smart for not trying to speak off prompter but even he did it pretty regularly.

I don't have an issue with the ego, it's a given if you actually think you're the person to lead the US.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I get to explain to my IT department how/why I unwittingly clicked on a white supremacist link.

Yay.

12. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

i think what you have just written here could apply to pretty much all of us.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like most things, there's normal range, and there's a point where it becomes a problem. He's not in what I would call the normal range. :D

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Not speaking about Trump specifically, but those with an overinflated ego and the inability to admit mistakes, often make a small problem into a big one as they feel the need to "save face".

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I strongly disagree. A lot of people have a natural thirst for learning and enough humility to do it.

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

exchange "learning" with "re learning" in your original post i replied to and it might be more agreeable to you?

except for math, all the other stuff that weve "learned" has been mostly BS and now math is somehow even being altered.

most may not see it that way and they wont ever unless they are able to even consider it.

"it is easier to fool a man than convince him he has been fooled"

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. But I can say that I was not specifically referring to learning in the academic sense. He went to a fine school, even though it's not all that obvious. :D

For instance, when the buffoon makes claims that he's better informed than the generals fighting terrorism in the Middle East, how likely is he to pay attention to intelligence briefings? If his approach to geopolitics is based on what he hears on Fox News every evening, his fine-tuned machine is going to be an endless source of entertainment.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

what makes you say that? (specifically)

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

im still trying to figure him but no way is he as stupid as you make it sound.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you trolling me right now? :D
    You responded on this very page to a post in which I said that I don't believe that he is stupid. :Poke: