1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice Day at Barber’s?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Cupido, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ah I got you. I was referring to rounds within the same weekend (double headers).
    Like for example on the May RRR round swapping the columns or shifting the schedule so that people who race at the end of the day (LWT SS and SB in my case but speaking generally here) on Saturday don't have to do that on Sunday.

I agree the schedules shift pretty well round to round. Altho some space occasionally between the two LWT would be nice

I've seen occasionally an A or B class sometimes only having a single race between their SS and SB races but not consistently like the LWT class deals with.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya now - I have thought about that a lot and honestly as confused as racers get about making their races when things are consistent I'm too afraid to change it mid weekend.

4. Lazy Destroyer

I kinda figured that was the reason they stayed the same. Altho that would be their fault if they looked at the wrong day LOL. I put a big X thru Saturday on my schedule at the end of the day so I don't make that mistake.

That isn't a huge deal for me altho would be nice to have different layouts for each day, to me at least. Just to mix things up. Not sure what others think. For sure it depends on who has races at the end of the day, vs people who have theirs done early, as to what they would prefer!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Usually it's more about who is last on Sunday and getting home earlier, that's why I alternate it weekend to weekend.

6. Lazy Destroyer

Yeah make sense, for sure that's ultimately the best approach.

7. Joe Cupido

Joe Cupido Well-Known Member

I agree with Lazy! Can you find at least one more race to put between lwt ss and lwt sb? Give an extra 15-20 min. to recover during these HOT upcoming rounds. Really not a big deal during the spring and fall rounds but would definitely be appreciated now. I think you already do a good job of alternating the entire schedule from round to round.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Y'all have gotten wimpy.

Yep, I'll look at it :D

JBall and noles19 like this.
  9. Joe Cupido

Joe Cupido Well-Known Member

10. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Odd, I never knew that... of course I’ve never asked either.

A search of the Jefferson County tax records shows the museum as the owner of the 161 acres.... but perhaps the arrangement goes deeper than that.

Anyway, yea, yesterday made for a great practice day for a few folks.... it was open track all day long.

t

Phl218 likes this.
  11. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

I heard the reason people call it Barbers is because there was/is a Barber milk. Locals just call it Barbers like someone said earlier, we call Kroger, Kroger's

Phl218 likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

And some people call all soda coke, and every one of those people are wrong...

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ok, some incentive required:

TDW repost from FB

Attached Files:

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

See post above

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

John is being an idiot. Porsche has all the days and he isn't welcome at tracks because of his own actions. No one has a semi-monopoly at Barber other than Porsche. Even they don't, but they spend $12,500 a day for something like 200 days a year which gets them first choice of dates.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    mastermind likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the dairy subject. It's official. Pistachio is still the greatest Graeters flavor ever.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What if its Coke?

19. eggfooyoung

Your last dip must have given you permanent brain freeze.

20. eggfooyoung

Barber's
    Kroger's
    Ford's