1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander V – RPM signal issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TrackJunkie828, May 22, 2022.

1. TrackJunkie828

TrackJunkie828 Active Member

2009 ZX6R
    flashed ECU
    Fueling thru PCV
    Dynojet Quickshifter module (ties into secondary injectors to kill fuel)
    Autotune (2 years old)
    Same setup for 4 years

The PCV erratically looses the RPM signal, causing the fueling to get very scewy. When rpm shows 0 (on PCV software), bike will barely idle, when rpm comes back, it runs ok, rpm drops out at various times anywhere in rpm range, erractic while running on dyno, loss of rpm at idle seems to last longer at times. Per dynojet tech support, rpm signal comes from cylinder 1 injector. I don’t think it’s a mapping issue, as the rpm goes blank, but I have tried older, known good maps. Have moved TPS signal ground wire as per techsupport (did smooth out TPS signal), tried grounding PCV on frame instead of direct to battery, check ground connections on oem harness, tried two batteries, checked wires/connections for injector 1,have tried new injectors, replace relay box (that’s where 12vDC comes from, old box had slight relay chatter, though possibly it was causing intermittent interuption). Removed quickshifter and autotune, problem still there. Replaced PCV (dynojet doesn’t test or repair units, but they’ll sell you a new one at a discount), same erratic results with new PCV.

Bike idles and runs properly with PCV disconnected, so I don’t think the ECU is bad (I will be putting it on dyno and if fueling is good enough, may through away PCV junk). I don’t understand why the PCV can’t just use a rpm signal, rather than feeding and calculating from injector signal, seems like a design more susceptible to issues.

Anyone experience a similar issue like this?

2. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

3. TrackJunkie828

TrackJunkie828 Active Member

Virginia.

Finally got it straight, seemed to be some bad coils that would get worse as they heated up.

4. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Ok, cool. If you were near Chicago was going to offer you some discounted Dyno time