1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar w/ the tires, but a set of nice tires goes a long way.

I threw some Gran Bois touring tires on my CX bike way back when I used to commute, and they made a world of difference.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Nice list.
    I used to do the Saturday SDBC ride that left from CostaVerde/UTC and go through DelMar, RSF, and then on over to the Coast.
    Fun times.

onepusher likes this.
  3. ton

ton Arf!

i was just thinking about that. i wonder if SDBC is still the "masters club" now that i'm an old fart. gonna need a club...

onepusher likes this.
  4. Jedb

I'm sure it's still a club. Just not sure on the ride(s).

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s like that old line about the difference between a slut and a bitch. Everyone around here is a millionaire except you, and me apparently. :D

That’s just dude’s road bikes. Guaranteed he has some mountain bikes, gravel bikes and a jump bike or 3. Then start talking about the motorcycles, homey probably has mechanics that come in to maintain his fleet. This place is aspirational! I should probably get back to work so I can spend more money on bikes.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

im putting 5k miles a year on a 2004 cannondale R800 and a 2016 trek fuel EX9. I can't imagine the difference in the new bikes to the old I'm riding. At least with the business I started I always get to look at awesome bikes I can't afford.... YET.

7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'm sure him and Broome are besties. :D

8. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

That SDBC kit I have on is the 75th anniversary addition. The club is still going strong.

9. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

I wish it was how you say but I maintain my own feet. Hammer time!

10. Jedb

11. socal

socal Well-Known Member

UPS stopped by...50mm...Cult Bearings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    TurboBlew and Jedb like this.
  12. socal

socal Well-Known Member

...here are the Boras on a bike with the new Conti 5000. The ride is as expected silky smooth!
    [​IMG]

13. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Nice ride, Hambini would be thrilled. Time Skylon= the lick. Whatever that means.

rafa likes this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Dont think that man has ever been thrilled

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just put the Conti 5000 700 x 25 on my Wilier and they are very comfy.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If just maintaining your girlish physique, just ride it. lol.

There's so much gravel road riding by us, it makes road riding hard to justify. We had 35 riders last night in a group ride. Gravel, CX and even an MTB in the mix. If you can find some others to ride with, it'll definitely kick your arse and help with that dirt bike racing.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    TurboBlew and skidooboy like this.
  17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

we ride with a LBS on Tuesday nights. depending on what surface and route they take, depends on if I grab the gravel/road bike, or the MTB. it has really helped my endurance, and physical ability on the dirt bike. now, for the skill on it... not so much. ;) Ski

ekraft84 likes this.
  18. socal

socal Well-Known Member

...that dude is a trip. Can't say I share his opinion on Campy bottom brackets. Super Record mechanical is my favorite groupset. Love the feel and sound of gear changes. The engagement is part of the experience.

19. Jedb

And while smooth in the beginning, takes about 5 years to break in and become buttery smooth.
    My Campy Record 8 speed is still rocking.

20. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

He's late to the party but not the first to observe the inherent constraint of using a fixed width hirth joint as an axle system on bicycles that have reasonable variability in BB width. He's on a BB shell mission, so they are collateral damage to that. As you'd know Shimano cranks are designed to account for this, but Campy do not except for a wave washer, which lets agree is a BS solution and of little use anyway if you need more slack taken up than it can provide.