1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

The wifi on di2 is notoriously dodgy on first attempt to connect and update firmware. Anecdotally it's just as likely to brick itself. Easily resolved through a PC connection, but can be quite unsettling if you aren't expecting it.

TurboBlew and TakeItApart like this.
  2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Good to know! I do want to go back in and install the wireless unit so that I can get Di2-related data on the cycling computer.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i'd never attempt to build up a brand new SL7 on my own haha.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Anyone run Shimano or Specialized shoes? What do you run for track boots?

I run Specialized Pro shoes for MTB, and I switched from DMTs to Shimano S-PHYRE RC9s for road this year, and it was the best decision I made. The DMTs I've been riding for 6-odd years just doesn't have enough forefoot volume for me.

...which made me rethink what I'm using for the track. I have a set of SIDI Rex, and I think my foot just isn't flat enough to fit properly, I get numbness in the forefoot, which on my old boots (Puma 1000v3s) went away after a while, but these SIDIs don't seem to conform as well. Any experiences?

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

What's DMT? I ran 43 Sidi boots, run Shimano 44e rc7 road, 44 reg mt089 MTB, and 43 in specialized sworks 7 road.

A little secret is that most bike companies use the same last in wide sizes, so the wide shoe is actually no wider, but has more volume. And toes still get squished.

Lake and Bont have different lasts, worth a look of you truly need it. Lake can even do custom sized L & R if you contact them directly.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was looking for motorcycle boots, using fit in cycling shoes as a proxy, since cyclists actually care about how their equipment fits.

The DMTs are the Impact model from 2013 iirc, they were the cheapest ones they made that still had a carbon sole.

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Do the S-Phyres have a tight heel fit? I have cheaper Shimano shoes and I like the toe box, but the heel slips and slides on me.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That may be my favorite paint job just behind the GEO scheme.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I do like this one. The other two that I really liked were the Mapei and the Rabbobank versions.
    If I hit my goal weight by the end of the riding season, there's a Colnago Master frame in my future.
    Definitely a used one, but still. Something wonderful about the Art-Deco paint schemes the put out.

10. Jedb

Try the Sidi "Mega" versions of your shoe.
    They give an extra bit of width (4mm) in the ball/toe box area.

11. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Mapei C64

[​IMG]

Colnago C60

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Andrew76, cajun636, cha0s#242 and 5 others like this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'll add cleats to the mix.

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

How strong are those wheels on the back with so few spokes? They look cool, but scary.

14. Jedb

/thread

great bikes. yours?

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

more on the back then the front...lol

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

My new to me Sworks Tarmac SL5. Some guy was desperate and I got the frame set, wheels, and aerofly bars for $1800. I already had the Di2.
    [​IMG]

cajun636, socal, cha0s#242 and 2 others like this.
  17. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

My new Giant Defy Advanced 2...scored NIB from a guy on EBay for $1600. Huge step up from my CAAD 10 aluminum bike. For a big guy like me - 6’3” 235 lbs. - comfort is speed.

Attached Files:

black knight, Photo and rafa like this.
  18. socal

socal Well-Known Member

No

19. Jedb

That's too bad. Those are fantastic bikes. Love the touch with the Italian Flag on the brake lever.

rafa likes this.
  20. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

What’s your goal weight, if I may ask? I was 265-70 for a bunch of years until I stopped the regular diet of IPAs and constant carbs. Now I’m at a consistent 235 (exercising regularly) without much sacrifice, but I’d love to get to 220. Gotta stop eating my kids scraps and the after 7 PM bowl(s) of cereal!