1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I wear 11 shoes.
    I was worried Fizik might have been narrow as a lot of other Euro brands but seems like would be a good fit for me.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep.
    Ironman is already canceling events in May. Nothing official, just my gut feeling.

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

New Brooks B-17 saddle for sale in Other. $65 shipped Lower 48 USA.

Cheers,

Dave

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Pretty close to getting my Carbonbike handcycle done. This thing is uber cool. Decided to go with a SRAM AXS Eagle eTap shifting 1x setup using a 40T crank and 9-46T cassette. 9 degree cambered 20" tubeless rear wheels. 650c front wheel.
    upload_2020-3-19_19-19-44.jpeg

khill, Senna, Tifosi and 9 others like this.
  5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

My god that looks cool Joe!
    Is it a custom seat or do they measure you like a road bike?

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Your ass is in the "tub" section. The family jewels are pretty close to the steering section. The backrest is adjustable forward and back to accommodate different height riders or riders with varying core length. The fork is also height adjustable. The foot holds aren't bolted on the fork in the pic and they are also length adjustable.

speedluvn and t11ravis like this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That looks amazing! Can't wait to see a ride report. Have you done any preliminary rides/testing?

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got an aluminum Top End Force RX handcycle now. It was THE racing handcycle until the Carbonbike came out. It took until 2018 for Carbonbike to really figure their design though and not flex too much. I started riding in June 2017. Did 4000 miles in 2018 and 5300 in 2019. I've never ridden a Carbonbike before. I have several friends who have and everyone says don't ride one unless you are prepared to spend the money lol.

sharkattack likes this.
  9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Folks with smart trainers, Sufferfest is giving away free 44-day memberships if you're interested (30-days plus the normal 14). They don't require a credit card to join like many of the other sites. If interested, create an account and enter ALLINSUFPLAN as the promo code.

https://thesufferfest.com/

Enjoy!

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Thanks!

I haven't looked, but do you know if there's an app for AppleTV?

If not, no biggie. I'll check it out after we have dinner tonight.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I don't think so. What I do is use the iPhone app and AirPlay to the AppleTV. It works better than Zwift because you don't need two apps to connect all of your bluetooth sensors. AppleTV only allows 2 bluetooth devices and a remote. That's partially Zwift has the companion app. I've come to prefer the one app setup.

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone else interested in trying TrainerRoad out? I have three 1-month trials to give away.

cajun636 likes this.
  13. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they only allow you to take one free trial, but I'll tell ya guys I'm a fan. I paid for it the last two winters. There are other cheaper/free programs I'll try next year, but I used it for the sole purpose of being able to export the workouts in Training Peaks to Trainer Road and then have TR control my Kickr.

Senna likes this.
  14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

need to get my fat old ass back in shape. just ordered crank brothers candy 7 pedals, on suggestion from riding/racing friend. also, ordered a set of sidi dominator 7 mtb shoes. hoping they will all pair nicely with my cannondale slate gravel bike. should have them here by thursday, should have sore legs by friday. LOL! Ski

15. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

If you or anyone else here needs some shoes, I just remembered I have a pair of almost new Specialized Road Experts that I totally forgot about. Didn't fit a friend, he gave them to me, don't fit me either. Make any of you a good deal on them, they are a size 44. Specialized just runs narrow.

Basically these

https://www.amaincycling.com/specia...hoe-black-bright-orange-61015-24415-p/p604872

skidooboy likes this.
  16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I built this up last week from a near new 2nd hand 2020 frameset. I wanted Di2 over etap anyway,s so apart from cost issues it all worked out. Still need to shorten the front brake hose as it's a bit tight under that stem.
    IMG_20200403_090307_copy_1784x1399v2.jpg

cha0s#242, DWhyte91, bwhip and 6 others like this.
  17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Do you use Their training plans or do you have a coach?

I just started with them last month but love the workouts so far. I had hired a coach just to take the guess work out of me getting fitter. But he was expensive as fuck so I told him
    I can’t afford him anymore and am going to follow the TR plan. But MAN did my fitness jump after following his plan.

Only thing that sucks though
    Is now we have no events planned :(

This is the last 180 days. I started with him in the middle of December. This past weekend I reached a high CTL score of 89 (I know it’s only a gauge of fitness) which is pretty good but now I’m curious of what to do. At my weight of 80 kg it’s hard to do well on Zwift racing though :(

what y’all gonna do?

Attached Files:

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I am just alternating Sweet Spot Base 1 + 2 and swapping in outdoor mountain bike rides when the weather is good. I’ll probably stay on TR until the weather is regularly in the 60s here.

Unless you’re at a very high level, I don’t see the value in a coach over just following TR, but that’s just my opinion. I’m sure having an actual coach is better, but probably not cost effective.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh yeah I Agree. A coach is suuuuuper expensive and definitely overkill. I’m
    Not at that level nor will
    I ever be. Although I did (do) want to try some Crit races this year.

I told him that I can’t afford him anymore and he said that’s fine but he’d like to help me for free anyways. He’s a good dude and was a national level rider back in the day and still strong as hell. But he also takes a more traditional approach to training with the base training but for HR and not power. Which that part is where he kind of loses me.

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Truthfully I still think you can go super far with HR training, but I’m not sure why you would bother when power is so much more consistent unless it’s a cost thing. My HR has always been pretty variable especially as I’m a massive coffee drinker. Trying to follow that in the AM would be a pain in the ass. I’m also not a huge fan of traditional base unless you’re truly free of most obligations.

I think one of the TrainerRoad guys went from Cat 5 to Cat 2 in one season, which is nuts.