1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I did that last year and it turned out we had a shitty Spring, so I lost most of my fitness gains when the nice weather finally arrived about a month later lol

Senna likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea, it sucks when that happens. I really need a wheel-off trainer so I can just slap the wheel on when it’s nice out and take it off when it isn’t

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Hambini didn't care for them, :). this guy is hilarious

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think that dude is a hack, personally.

5. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Picked up a pair of ASSOS T equipe evo bibs. Only did a 20km ride but so far I’m really impressed! The chamois isn’t sewn into the whole short so it moves with you. I never felt like it was out of place. Only problem is, I’ll need another pair or two because my old bibs won’t get used again and they’re a bit pricey.

6. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

884A6200-6B79-4F79-B9E7-AEF3398733C4.jpeg Pair of Old School rides

KrooklynSV likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Assos stuff is super nice but obscenely expensive.

8. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I got a great price from my local shop so that’s why I ended up with them and I can easily justify buying a second pair. I don’t think I’d pony up their prices for a jersey unless it was deeply discounted.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Just ordered the stuff I need to make my dumb trainer work with these plans.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

PM me your first/last and email. I’ll kick it over shortly.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I picked up a $300 Craigslist Trek road bike with a 105 groupset as a dedicated trainer bike. I find I'm more likely to ride the trainer when the weather is crappy with it already setup, and more likely to head outside on a whim when the weather cooperates. Also, with my work schedule, I'm forced to hit the trainer more often than not in the evenings due to time constraints.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Absolutely love it! The build quality is top notch and the attention to detail is superior to my Treak's and Orbea. The frame on the Ultimate SLX is very stiff but not jarring over bumps. I enjoy the aero benefits from the Mavic wheels, but may upgrade them in the future to better hubs. The biggest gain for me (being a climber) is the instant 6lb reduction in weight over my Trek Domane. In the last ~400 miles on the Canyon, I've broken almost every one of my climbing PR's, taken several cups, and crushed a KOM I've been trying to obtain on a local segment.

On the customer service side of things, Canyon has been excellent with helping me with questions and follow-on information I've needed. I'm upgrading my Wife's Endurace wheelset to custom Zipp 302 650b aero wheels with Chris King hubs, and Canyon has been extremely helpful. I've heard from others that their customer service is sub-par, but that has not been my experience to date, both online and in their California store.

TurboBlew and Senna like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea, I've thought about doing that. I have an older road bike I could slap on there, but by the time I bought a new saddle ($90) and pedals ($150) for the trainer bike, it's not really worth it. Would rather put that money towards a new trainer.

Looks like our weather is turning to be a bit colder for a while too, so outdoor rides aren't happening for a bit.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I still have two TrainerRoad trials left for those of you practicing social distancing.

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Anyone with experience on Fizik shoes? No dealer close by me.
    I am wondering about fit, true to size?

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I have a pair of R3s. Stack height feels really high, if that's something you care about. I'm not particularly fond of mine, they feel like clogs more than any other shoe I've had before.

I'll probably get a pair of SIDIs w/ the vent carbon sole next, not sure which upper yet.

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm considering the Fizik R1 INFINITO and have heard that they run a little wide. Other than that, all the comments have been positive.

If you're interested, here is a recent review on road cycling shoes: https://intheknowcycling.com/road-bike-shoes/

rafa likes this.
  18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Finally got the nerve to sign up for my first gravel race and also my first Xterra tri last month. Gravel already cancelled and Xterra not looking too good.
    Wasn’t meant to be this spring apparently. Glad I didn’t buy a new bike.

Senna likes this.
  19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I like my Fizik, I've got some sidi's that are a bit too tight, only worn a few times. what size are you looking for?

rafa likes this.
  20. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Which Xterra tri? Oak Mountain in late May??

I'm keeping it on the radar. Currently training for IM Chattanooga 70.3 which hasn't yet been postponed. If it gets nixed but Xterra doesn't, I may join it last minute.. Also eyeballing the Motus Knoxville Tri (formerly Xterra) which is a couple weeks later in early June.

https://motusoffroad.com/motus-knoxville-triathlon/

t11ravis likes this.