1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Anyone on SRAM eTap wireless? The allure of not having to run derailleur cables is very high.

2. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

I have it. Highly recommend it!

3. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ what he said ^^^^ … I'm building this Trek Madone Mechanical , its probably the most complicated of any build ( BMC Time Machine TT bike is a bear too ). Its got a gazillion pieces for brakes alone , mostly to run thru the headset/stem to hide every bit of cabling. The fork inner tube has notches in it as well for extra room for all 4 cables running between the fork steerer tube and the stem. So far I spent about an hour setting the bars up and back brake thru the frame. Its a used frame so brakes were in it . Mounted new pads as well. The toughest part so far looks to get the fork set up and bars put on . We'll see maybe later this week on that !

Senna likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

5. knedragon29

That setup looks heavier then my whole bike with bag and bottles on it :crackup:

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Unless you’re built and can climb like Alberto Contador, bike weight means very little.

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Canyon sent a message out today that they had a massive cyber attack that is going to delay operations for a bit. So, I was already waiting around for some type of announcement on the new Aeroad for 2020, and development on that might be more delayed.

That said, anyone got a Fezzari? Same business model as Canyon; they do business out of Utah. I see targeted ads for them all the time since I did a search for them a while back. Fast-forward, and I keep seeing a bunch of positive reviews for them on various forums. Also a ton of awesome feedback on their Customer Service and buying process.

8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't put the two on the same planet.

Fezzari was borne out of the remarketing open-mold China frames back in the day, adding some bullshit marketing around modulus and such. "Laterally stiff, vertically compliant!!!!" Did they make enough money to buy their own molds now? I haven't kept up on what's on the open market vs what they are selling. Check Alibaba, you might see some similar frames.

Canyon at least used all original designs, I find them to be a much more respectable company in general.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Greenhound386, Senna and ducnut like this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Fezzari is all their own design now. I know a whole lot of people on their bikes. Of course I'm less than an hour from their HQ, but lots of their bikes around. I have an older Catania in my garage, and at least a dozen kids on our MTB team run them, hundreds of them at every NICA race.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

More than you can afford, pal. Fezzari.

11. knedragon29

I love how the bike prices pretty much jumped 2 k in price with what they claim new technology with the disc brake setups which have been around for ever on mtb's , all the so called aero bikes are not as good in the air as a result . If you ride in the hills I can see discs , same as electric groups/ In the flats not so much for either. The only other advantage with the new dics setups is you run a massive tire 32mm or so . Better compliance and less rolling resistance. Should be enough room for a 28 out back on the Trek so we'll see coming from 23's !

Senna and Greenhound386 like this.
  12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Huh? My budget is $8k. Happy to spend less.

edit: Haha! Nevermind. I got the reference as soon as I posted.

Senna likes this.
  13. knedragon29

That Madone SLR7 is around 8k with sram axs or the emonda SLR7 etap , get a Token Ninja Bottom Bracket and its good to go

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

If that’s your budget, I’d go to a high end shop and try a bunch of shit out and buy whichever you like the most.

ducnut likes this.
  15. knedragon29

You mean unless we're eating tainted steak , bike weight means a lot !

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

17. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I'd like to try a Lynsky for my next bike

ducnut likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Take a look at Allied.

https://alliedcycleworks.com/

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

When a fat fuck is perched upon a bicycle, the bicycle weight means nothing. Of all the miles I’ve ridden and all the cyclists I’ve encountered, very few are 140# badasses that can scale mountains like a goat, with the math supporting the idea of a light bike being meaningful. There isn’t a single person on here factoring average gradients, body weight, bike weight, and wattage output to factor how many seconds they’ll save on a climb. Unless that’s your coach AND you’re making a living at cycling, just enjoy riding your bike.

pscook and trussdude like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, when I was a 140# junior rider it was nice when the bike weight actually meant something.

Only problem is I grew up in flat as fuck Chicagoland and my twig build didn’t mean shit except for the one race a year with a monster climb.

ducnut likes this.