1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

All you folks upgrading your groupsets, I'm (casually) looking for Shimano 10 speed stuff. Road with discs. Two year old 105 or higher. if I get an 11 speed rear wheel I would consider 11 speed stuff, but I need to rebuild or replace my rear wheel first.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Ive seen some pretty good deals on this Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cyclingbuysell/?ref=share

pscook and rafa like this.
  3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

The jury is still out on the seat post for my road bike. I can tell the difference on my gravel bike for sure.

rafa likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You might have explained it and I missed it, but I just saw the video, did your frame just break while you were pedaling? I can't think of anything else that would make you shoot so quickly to your left

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You can run 9,10.11 speed on the same wheel if shimano/sram. Derailleurs and chain should match.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I got a little sideways and the front tire rolled off the rim. I immediately hit the deck.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining, didn't realize that could happen so easily. Loved the chartreuse color.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. But it can be a challenge to mix 9 speed shifters with 11 speed cassettes. And you can run an 11 on an 11 hub, and a 9 or 10 on the 11 hub with a spacer. But sometimes it's easier to get a complete groupset than picking pieces. That facebook page linked above has a couple of items that are right in my wheelhouse for criteria and price.

9. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I've used TP for a few years now, and upgraded to premium when they had their BF special. I think premium is worth it, although you can get most of the non free stuff on desktop.

Main reason I started using it is because my coach uses the platform, and there are a few things that Garmin Connect has that I like better.

I used Trainer Road with my Kickr Snap last winter for a month or so - whatever the trial was. I liked how you could import TP workouts into it and have it set the resistance on the trainer via ERG mode....so I'll pony up the $10 - $15/month this winter. Ugh. Winter. Trainer. I don't want to think about that shit, I'll take the 100 degrees today over the trainer any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

cajun636 likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Any of y’all see the CAAD13?

Must say - not impressed. More relaxed geometry. Sloping top tube. Welds that look rather ugly. I could get behind the paint if it weren’t for those weird stripes. I like the minimalist logos.

Must say I don’t think I’d pick one up over, say, an Allez Sprint. Will have to test ride one at some point.

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/cannondale-caad13-2020-first-look/

cajun636 likes this.
  11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I have to admit I HATE ERG mode. But I have the premium TP. I actually found myself liking riding the workouts and just doing my workouts on Zwift.

I rode in the absolute PISSING down rain,
    In the remnants of Barry down here just to not have to ride the trainer

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I need to get back in the saddle so I can start kicking everyone's ass in the WERA Strava group again.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

In addition to saying “sorry to hear about your injury” and “badass bike, I too have a Cervelo”, I must ask.

How much for the old group sets?

14. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

In addition to saying “sorry to hear about your injury” and “badass bike, I too have a Cervelo”, I must ask.

How much for the old group set?

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Thanks. The old groupset is long gone, sold it to fund the new setup.

16. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

89AC202D-519D-4D28-AF7D-FA61E0A7E862.png
    You may have a long way to go.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

How do I get on this Strava group?

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Look it up and join.
    Pretty sure I had to do it from an actual computer . I couldn’t join from the App but maybe it’s been updated so you can now. I joined like 3-4 years ago.

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You can do it from the app now