1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pollen

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You didn't have drones to show you how bad the plant sex pollen was. What's really bothering you is that the plants all have better moves than you.

Mot Okstef, aaronson, BSA43 and 7 others like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Exactly.

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You can have our 5-10" of snow tonight.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I remember being miserable with allergies a lot as a kid. I guess we didnt have Zyrtec back then. I also think ive grown out of them somewhat, and have moved to a slightly different climate.

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

When the pine trees pollenate around here and the wind blows it looks like they are fire with green smoke pluming from them. Pretty wild.

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Zyrtec isn't even touching my kid's allergies. Coughing at bedtime, coughing at midnight, coughing at 3 and coughing at 5:30.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Never bothered me as a kid and I was outdoors all through the woods more than in. Nowadays I'm a wreck. Snottin and sneezin one moment then dry as Dolly Parton's unmentionable the next. Wal-finate is my gotoo. Zyrtec does fuckall for me.

kangasj likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait

WTF this thread isn't about Doug Polen?

5axis likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Ugh...I remember at Ft. Eustis that crap covering everything in a yellow dust...my red car turned orange in one day and the dew just glued it on...

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

claritin D (not the regular stuff) is workin really well for a few years for me. I have mild allergies, and without the claritin D i have a hard time even sleeping from being stuffed up. Riding dirt bikes nearly 10 hrs a week in a national park filled with oak trees doesn't make it easy, but the over the counter med really works for me. 24 hrs, get 15 at a time.. (generic works as well as the name brand from what i found)

Metalhead likes this.
  15. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Any of that stuff with the D gives me some seriously weird dreams.

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Pseudoephedrine can do that.

‘Toe, try adding a nasal steroid (Flonase) or nasal antihistamine (Nasalcrom) to help minimize nasal inflammation, which leads to more nasal congestion. Saline nasal spray throughout the day will help calm your nasal tissues down and also helps to clean out some of the pollen in your nose, especially right after you come in from outdoors.

Sometimes switching your usual oral daily antihistamine can provide better results, especially if you’ve been using the same one for a while.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Came here to post that... Beaten to the punch!

18. After living in GA for 3.5 years and never developing allergies, I moved to the PNW and since spring has sprung I’ve developed allergies to the pollen. I always feel like I’m drowning from my sinuses draining. Unbelievably frustrating to develop allergies after 33 years.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The PNW is hazardous to your health.

20. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Go to your local pharmacy & see if they have
    Cetirizine Hydrochloride pills behind the counter. You don’t need a prescription even though they keep them behind the counter.

They work better for me than any of the overpriced OTC stuff. The bottle has 100 pills & it’s under $10. I think it was $7 when I first started taking it a couple years ago and now it’s around $9.

One pill works for 24 hours. The pharmacist had a good suggestion. Take them in the early evening so they start working before you go to bed & will work all day the next day.