1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Police brutality, or....?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jun 8, 2018.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So if you hit me and I hit you back harder and more than once that is assault?

Her being a defenseless female is irrelevant. She struck the cop and received the consequences of hitting a cop and then continuing to resist arrest. The amount of force required to end the altercation is all opinion and IMO, once you strike a cop all bets are off for the level of asswhipping you may or may not receive.

2. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Did he prove she was drinking?

Now we went from kicking to shoving.

Why try to spin this on me? Several was claiming that she kicked him. Now you're saying shove. I asked to be shown the video where she kicked him. If that is shown, I have no problem if she is the aggressor. So far I am not the one with the selective sight.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If the whole situation was the same but the girl's father was the police chief, would the results have been the same?
    If not, they did the wrong thing.

SuddenBraking and K51000 like this.
  4. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

You were saying that she got what she deserved due to the lack of respect. That's what I responded to. Like you and yours, I hope that my daughters wouldn't be so stupid.
    Was it proven that she was drinking?

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

6. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I'm not against the police. Some will defend the police, even if the popo was wrong.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And YET, you ignored everything else I said that pretty much answers the question you're still asking people. But yea, you're an immense supporter of LE. :D

8. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

You would defend Michael Slager's actions.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't act like a crazy bitch?

Seriously though I already said the cop was excessive but not enough I would have charged him. But it was totally caused by her attitude, actions and choices. She was an entitled little bitch that got caught doing something wrong and took it out on the cop, bad choice. As to her size, claws can hurt. I would rather fight a 40lb dog than an 8lb cat. Size does not equal threat completely.
    Yep but she aggravated his stupidity from moment one. In all likely hood the breathalyzer was able to be turned down. It is very likely the arrest was bogus until she went on a nutter. She might have had a case until she resisted and went after the cop. At that point she lost her credibility.

crashman likes this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: You're such a maroon. LMAO!

Since you're still struggling with this, I'll try one last time:
    - mere possession is unlawful and enough to engage in an investigatory stop........whether she drank it or not is irrelevant.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No, I said she got what she deserved because of the way she was acting. Lack of respect was definitely a part of it though. As was her decision to move the situation from non physical to physical. You will not get a beat down just being snarky and disrespectful to a cop. But be snarky and disrespectful, disregard a request for more info and then initiate a violent confrontation after you just tried to step on every nerve the guy has and odds are you will get some knots on your head.

Not sure if she was drinking or not but when I was growing up even having a case of beer in the back of a vehicle you were driving would get you a ticket for illegal possession. She looked like she could be under 21 so I am pretty sure that the officer was well within the law to ask for her name when she is in possession of a cooler full of frosty beverages...

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Really? Funny? Are you ignorant enough to believe that there are is no danger of a person just because they're small, and female? Those officers didn't know anything about her and for them to just walk up and start an investigation of her without considering that she might be a somewhat dangerous person to have to deal with would be, not only dumb, but bordering on getting their ass handed to them for being dumb. She wouldn't have to be a tough person in order to turn around facing an officer, smiling sweetly, and putting a foot into the officer's balls.
    I'm sure you're a "he man" that has no fear of anyone or anything but when you're in the business of law enforcement you learn pretty quickly that assuming that you're in charge of an issue, just because you're a "he man," doesn't cut much ice with some people.
    Personally, I'm sorry that the woman got her ass kicked due to her resistance to being arrested but she's an adult that's old enough to know when to shut up and do as she was instructed.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She was still struggling and resisting, the force was absolutely warranted to subdue her. Not even the remotest doubt about that.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Must be in some other universe.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Possession is illegal. The questioning was warranted. Can't remotely argue that one.

She laid her hands on a cop doing his duty. Also can't argue that one.

Why keep trying to argue the tiny specifics when either will get you arrested?

You can try to make excuses, you'll still fail as she deserved everything she got. The cop didn't remotely go overboard and was very nice in the beginning, his actions were all in reaction to hers...

crashman likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

17. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

If she was not the one drinking and can prove it and prove it wasn't hers, it won't stand up.

Because there, probably, was no aunt with her and she was digging herself in a deeper hole.

We'll see how it plays out.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oh jeez man, everything that you've said is being selective. Whether or not she shoved the officer, kicked him, kicked sand on him, or jumped on his shoulders and pissed on his head, it doesn't matter. All of it is assault on a law enforcement officer and all are illegal. As far as whether or not she was drinking is concerned, the officers felt that she was and were simply investigating based on their observations. She is the one that escalated the issue by being belligerent and combative. Knock off the cop hatred for a minute will ya?

19. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I've not done any cop hating. IMHO, the cop didn't need to and shouldn't have thumped her. I've had more than one ex who was more pissed and aggressive than her, and I never had to hit them to have them pinned and cuffed... Okay, tmi. Was she a dumbass for acting that way, yes. She wasn't going to break bad like the killer rabbit on Monty Python and kill these cops, either.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ldC6st7Bz3lZK/giphy.gif

Now put that cane down before you hit me over the head with it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Equality. It sucks when you get what you thought you asked for.

crashman likes this.