1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

points and results

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Justin, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Justin

Justin Active Member

Can someone tell me about how long it takes WERA to post the results and points of a race on there site. I'm at this and don't want to be a pain, I would just like to no.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It is usually within a week but sometimes up to two weeks. Just depends on Mongo's travel schedule. Hopefully with the transponders and mylaps.com it will be within one day, we shall see. :)

3. Justin

Justin Active Member

thanks

Thank you for the post. I hate to be a pain. I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. And see just how far down in the points i am. thanks again.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: thanks

Not a problem and you aren't a pain. All new people have questions and we are just here to help. Well, most of us anyway. :)

5. Justin

Justin Active Member

It's good to no some people on the site are whiling to help. I almost didn't post this question. I was reading a post in another section about can a novice race a 1000 and from what i read it sounds like every one on here isn't so nice. That post was bad. I think they a couple of the guys were at the point they wanted to fight.

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yeah, it makes me mad because that is not what WERA is about. :( Hopefully Mongo will be back soon to take care of the children on this board. :)

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

By the way, if you go to www.mylaps.com and click on motorcycle racing, the WERA weekends are listed in there and you can see results. The National sprints are somehow mixed in with the VIR results. :(

8. Justin

Justin Active Member

That's cool. Who is mongo? Is he the one in control of the website? I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I saw my results of the race at Jennings. They posted it on the board. I was just trying to figure out how bad my 13th place finish put me in the points. Not that it matters so much. It was my first race and it didn't take long to see that my 29s around jennings are not going to be even close to competitive.

9. Justin

Justin Active Member

Hey. I just noticed that you are from Woodstock Ga. Do you ever go race the super mini's on wed nights? If so i'm sure i no you.

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Since that was the first National event of the year, you are 13th in points with your 13th place finish. :) Those points do not go towards your region.

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

No, but I want to get one!!

Mongo is Sean Clarke, husband of Evelyne Clarke who is the owner of WERA. Mongo is the moderator of this board.

12. Justin

Justin Active Member

Got ya. You should come out to the go cart track this wed. Every body from Suzuki/yamaha of Canton is out there, and we have a blast. Last week there was atleast 40 people there and speed channel even came out. I'm sure someone there would let you ride theres around. I have three friends that go with me and we just take turns on my. your more than welcome to come out and give it a try. The best parts is EVERY body is nice out there.

Do you were the Cherokee batting range is. That's were the gocart track is. Off Bellsferry Rd.

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Sounds like a blast. I know exactly where that is. What kind of bike do you have?

14. Justin

Justin Active Member

I have an extreme 107. I picked it up used for $1500.00 and I have had more fun on that thing than any of my dirt bikes four wheelers and street bike. The best parts is you can't hurt the thing. Between me and my friends that thing gets crashed about four times a night, and no one gets hurt including the bike. We always meet there about 7:00pm and ride for a couple of hours. Your more than welcome to ride mine and see what you think. But i promise if you ride it you'll buy one.

15. Justin

Justin Active Member

check out www.ride1sports.com click on links and then video. there is some really good tape of us killing the mini's

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My husband would kill me if I wanted another toy. :D I guess I could sell my scooter and use this thing as a pit bike too.

17. Justin

Justin Active Member

You would want to. My wife doesn't race but she comes out there with us and when every body gets off the track she goes out there and rides. I can't get her off it. I think i'll have to buy her some leathers. There's another female that races on wed and she is pretty fast. My bike is blue and you can just ask for Justin if you come out any body can point me out. Bring you husband and ya'll will have the best time.

I have so much fun out there and it's so cheap I almost sold my gsxr600. The best part is. It's so close to home. Not a two or five hour drive to go race. Trust me try it ones and you'll be hocked.

18. bossbusa

bossbusa Quick Member

Hi. I too am new this year to racing and have found a new addiction and some success to boot! I am dying to find out my points, position and contingencies. Can you help? Ross Ryals #928

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hi Ross. I just tried clicking on the points for the SE region and it seems that they are down right now on the WERA site. Check out www.wera.mylaps.com for all the laptimes and results for each event. Hopefully Mongo will have the points issue corrected tomorrow.

20. bossbusa

bossbusa Quick Member

Thanks Paige. I'm diggin' the mylaps.com site. Still hungry for the comparatives. Lets go Mongo!