1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please bring back the Endurance practice group on Friday!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by chiefwildman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. chiefwildman

chiefwildman ChiefWildman

In years past we have always had a endurance practice group at fridays Summit Point Practice. It gives us a chance to practice our pit stops and get use to riding with our fellow competitors. Without a designated practice group for us we can not do this safely because the sprinters are not familiar enough us coming off and back on track several times during a session. The way it stands now we have to work all the bugs out saturday morning in 30min. I would also like to add that we need a wera official at pit out to police the specators from crossing hot pit!!! Last thing i can donate a aircompressor so that we can sound the horn in the towere when a rider is coming onto hot pit. Alright lets have a safe and fun 6Hr

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Cheifwildman is mad, he must have ran out of beer. I liked the old style groups with an endurance group. It lets us practice our pit stops to make everyone safer, plus it gives the larger bikes a reminder that there are sv 650's out there with them. We normally pit down close to the tower and a lot of spectators just walk across hot pit without a clue that they could get ran over at any second.
    Dont worry Adam, I am sure your wife will be home soon with another case of beer. A half hour without a beer in your hand wont hurt you.

3. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

i vote for the practice.

4. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Cheif Wildman is really Summit Point's Mayor! Bring back practice!:beer:

5. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

6. dustin844

dustin844 sv650

I agree chief wildman! We need a practice wtf!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

the boot has hit the ground!!!!!!!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We did it, it didn't work. You can practice pit stops during any session. The big bikes won't forget you're out there trust me.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Between the guys getting out late and those pitting in early I never had an issue. As mongo said, any of the practice sessions can be used for pit stop practice.

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Didn't TB retire :D

12. :crackup:

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Tray never forgot the SV's were out there :D

14. chiefwildman

Please!

Ok , however we lose a session then everyround. It used to be that most endurance riders also signed up for the sprints on sunday. So you would get the endurance practice and lwt practice every session. That gave everybody plenty of time to practice. What will it Hurt! Weve had low turnouts all season ! Please!
    TRey will not be there this year thats what worries me!

I have a copy of the old schedule from years past, that show a specific endurance practice, the only thing different was that they sqeezed in expert an novice quailfying. only the experts are quailfying friday.So There should be plenty of extra time for us. The endurance riderS ! It is the national endurance series. Not sprint!
    Please hear us mongo, beer:

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I understand what you are saying. Bottom line, especially since turnout has been low, is this: you want more practice time, buy another session.
    It's not that difficult to practice pit stops in the pits.
    Summit having one of the biggest parking lots to do it in.
    You don't have to be at speed, just have your rider ride to the area, and do your stop. We used to do it all the time.
    Then you can use practice for set up.

16. chiefwildman

its not about the pit stops

ITs about getting practice on the track with guys you will be racing against for 6hr. Just like practice is for the sprinterS.You obviously have more money than i do. Why should we have to pay for another practice, when we didnt have to in the past! not to mention contigency isnt what it used to be and the fees keep going up and the purse money goes down. We should get more for less in this economy, especially since were spending what little hard earned dollars we make, with WERA!:up:

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That would be why we are not racing this year.
    I can think of maybe 3 times I paid for a 2nd practice which was 600 experts.
    They are not big fans of LW's in their group.
    I'm for having endurance practice on Friday, but Mongo seems set
    that it's not going to happen.

18. chiefwildman

Safety at pit out and airhorn

So all this talk about practice. Nobody cares about policing the spectaters at pit IN or OUT! No comment on the Airhorn in the Tower either. I'm not talking out my ass here! everyyear somebody wal;ks across hot pit and almost gets spilt in half. The Air horn was always nice to hear for the teams aswell as the spectaters. You can hear it! I am part of the MARRC Safety crew we are going to try and assist in these areas however if you no any volunteers that can work this weekend we are short handed! sign up at marrc.org or look us up on dcsportbikes.net . Thankyou:rock:

19. chiefwildman

i hear you Gdawg!

Thank you for feeling the same way on practice. I wish Mongo would accept are feedback and be partial to the endurance riders. Especially since it was a ghosttown last season. :bow:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously?

You want more for less in a down economy... Yeah, that's fine, then we go out of business.

Catering to a series that takes a lot of track time for very very little money? And again we're out of business.

Quite simply the only reason the Endurance Series exists is because we like it. That's it. Last time I checked we lost between 50-100k a year on it. I'm not going to take more track time away from the sprint guys who pay the bills for the endurance racers.

An Endurance practice on friday did not work. With less riders all it would do is split the available track time into shorter sessions with even less riders out per session. That makes no sense from a financial standpoint or a customer service standpoint, why would we charge the same and then give 95% of our customers less track time?