1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIttsburgh'ers?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 20, 2019.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So swmbo and I are heading to enemy territory for a long weekend in the end of September. LOL! Actually heard a lot of good things about the city and wanted to give it a go. Any locals want to give us some suggestions on where to eat or where to go? Good Breweries are always a hit and we will probably hit The Church Brew Works. We are staying at the Kimpton right downtown and will have a car but would prefer public transportation or Lyft to get around. Already have plans to go up Mt.Washington incline and have dinner at the Monterey Bay Fish Grotto, Warhol museum, and to hit up Primanti Bros.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The city is a lot calmer now that Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell are gone.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

The strip.

dobr24 and rcarson15 like this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Enemy territory? If you r from baltimore, cleveland, or philly.... You aint welcome in da burgh. Stay home.

Carnegie museum is nice theyve got a pretty cool gem n mineral room and some decent art stuff.

The strip. Lively at night and they used to have a farmers market but i cant remember when exactly its been 10 yrs.

dobr24 likes this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Worse. Cincy!

dobr24 likes this.
  6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

The Strip District, Shadyside, North Shore (Southern Tier Brewery and Rivertowne Brewery or if you're on the artsy side - Randyland and the Mattress Factory). Lawrenceville is very "up and coming" with a bunch of breweries and cool restaurants on Butler St. Highly suggest NatuRoll Creamery for some killer ice cream if you go there.

dobr24 likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

What kind of brewery are you looking for? New stuff, or the old school mainstays? There's about 50-60 breweries in and around the city now, which is probably too many to visit.

Church Brew Works is very old, as is Penn Brewery, but maybe worth visiting for experience. I'm partial to the new-ish ones north across the river, I usually start at Hitchhiker Brewing, then walk down to Dancing Gnome, then Uber down to Grist House, then walk over to Strange Roots. Once you cross back into the city, Hop Farm, which is right next to Full Pint's brewpub, and then you'll have to Uber again down to Roundabout Brewery, which is in the heart of Lawrenceville. But then you'll have access to lots of great restaurants, I recommend visiting the Abbey, Industry Public House, Smoke Taqueria, Cure (very expensive though and may need reservations a few weeks in advance), Condado Tacos, there's quite a few there.

rugbymook likes this.
  8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Going to a show at the Roxian this fall. Is it a cool venue?

Also, I hit up the Industry Public House last time & only time I was in town last summer at the recommendation of a friend. Cool spot but not downtown.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Great responses so far! Keep em coming and thanks a ton.

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, if you want to stay downtown, the Commoner is at the bottom of the Kimpton is actually pretty good, expensive though and you'll likely need reservations at peak dining hours. The other trendy places downtown are Meat and Potatoes, Butcher in the Rye, and Capital Grille, which you'll also need reservations for all of them, also not cheap. Sharp Edge is a pub with a ton of beers, you'll be by Sienna Mercato and Ten Penny too if you want more food and don't want to make reservations.

I heard good things about the Roxian, it's just outside the city proper...in a more industrial part of town. You'll be fine Uber-ing there and back, just not a real touristy area.

dobr24 likes this.
  11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

rugbymook, ducnut and dobr24 like this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Haven't been there yet but also have tickets to a show there in October. It's in McKees Rocks which a lot of locals kind of scratch there head at as it seems like an odd place for a music venue but I bet it has some character.

Condados tacos and Sienna Mercato which were both mentioned are two of my personal favorites.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Screw the breweries, hit up the distilleries, Wigle and Maggie Farms. :D Cure is closed. Everything else mentioned is good. If you go to Sienna Mercarto make sure to go up to the 3rd floor area, if it is nice out the roof will be open.

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

In this order:
    Cheerleaders, Blush (now called Ricks Cabaret) then Club Erotica (it’s open until 4am).

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Go to Opteka. Yea it’s all vegetarian... but... it was so good. The motherland food was on point! And drinks were delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Sounds like an oxymoron :confused:

17. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Right!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Next time stop by E&H Auto Body and introduce yourself. We're about half a block from The Gnome

Merle