1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pittsburgh race

Discussion in 'General' started by davis2480, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, still open.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You could look at the schedule which has been up for a while :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We can use the pavement but the curbing not so much. Not sure of a way to do it yet but I'm thinking on it.

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

plz no

Wheel Bearing and JJJerry like this.
  5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Nighwork and old age = my oversight:confused:

Btw, got those credits. Thank you!

6. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Im voting no chicane. I dont see it being a problem. Last year was a clean weekend.

mike-guy, JJJerry and rcarson15 like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd prefer it, it is better with it. But I'm not against running without if I can't come up with a viable solution.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Put a speed bump at the high speed kink....Live or die, your choice! :crackup: Even on my 750 I have to go to maintenance throttle through there before giving it a squirt prior to the carosel.

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

At non Moto America level it’s better without it.

Wheel Bearing and rcarson15 like this.
  10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I disagree. It's absolutely beneficial to have for the faster races. Maybe not so much for lightweights and what not, but even they have enough speed to find that wall if things go badly.

I like that turn a lot and it definitely changes the track a little, but not in a bad way at all.

r6boater and 5axis like this.
  11. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

We will agree to disagree.

12. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Question for the crowd. I know the answer.

When is the last time a bike hit that air fence?

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Few years ago maybe? It's happened several times. And up until the air fence, generally with semi-severe consequences.

It's not so much just losing the front, but coming together with another bike who might attempt to make a heroic pass, entering the kink - rather than timing it after, on the brakes.

14. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Iirc last time was more than 4 years ago - before air fence and before they made changes to that section. The fence used to be closer.

15. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

There was a rider that went in that direction last year right in front of me. Luckily he was pointed a little more toward the next turn before he crashed, but a split second earlier and he would have been right there.

16. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Ask Emerson about that turn... he didn't hit the wall... but sure went for a nasty ride that took him out for quite sometime...

And why... would you ask... It's a bad turn at speed... with a proven fix...

adio1dog likes this.
  17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

FYI, there's a PIRC endurance roll call thread on the Endurance sub-forum if anybody wants to chime in.

18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Does someone really need to be f-ed up or die for a track change to happen? If its a known bad spot and a fix is possibly there, why not fix it? Hitting air fence is not really a solution when there is an option that keeps people far away from that wall.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Do not agree.

20. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

BTW, just to be clear - my thoughts on the matter.

I'd be happy to ask Emerson. I'm sure it'll be a discussion item in a couple days. Not sure he was taken out by that section to be honest - you might be mistaken about that. Last we talked about it I don't think he was crazy about the chicane. Different people that used it had different opinions about it. Some liked it. Some hated it. That section of track is not the same as it originally was. None of you were on that track when it was first built - no bikes were. It has actually changed to some degree twice that I know of. At this point, it's less likely than ever that you'd get near the air fence. OTOH, the chicane could actually put you into the infield hill and throw you back on the track at the exit of 17/18. Before you contradict that - let me just say that with cars I've seen that exact situation happen twice in that area. The pad for the chicane is very small, and the chicane is almost impossible to see until you get damn close to it. IMHO the chicane is OK for the fastest guys - but could actually lead to more problems for the less experienced. I personally don't really care either way.

rugbymook likes this.