1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PittRace MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Aug 2, 2020.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I’m packing today and rolling in early tomorrow morning. Bringing fiancé and 2 friends who are clueless about racing.

All of us just want to DO SOMETHING. So many planned and unplanned summer events have been canceled on me and my kids this summer, and it is taking a serious toll on me mentally.

A friend of our family died last week. Suicide is suspected. She had been isolating for 4.5 months. I saw her twice, during birthday ‘parades’ for my step sons. Otherwise, she has been having groceries delivered, etc.

No note, but she suddenly had all of her final arrangements made, and was found dressed nicely laying on her couch. Another family friend found her within a few hours of her last text message correspondences. Went to check on her when she stopped answering her phone.

so yeah, I’ll be at the races. Because living is more important to me than merely surviving.

i made a 6’ “distance stick” with a cup-holder on the end. It’s purple. Stop over and I’ll hand you a socially-distanced highlife. Planning to set up somewhere around the spectator hill, or up by the water tower if the hill is crowded.

definitely catching the kids cup races on the kart track, but less sure where to watch that.

418 and Gino230 like this.
  2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your friend... It hasn't been easy for certain people this Rona crap.

My ex had a call from a lifetime friend, last week, and during the night she took her own life. She's devastated, so I can only imagine what you are going through.

GOOOO enjoy the racing and get your head back in this game called life buddy !

HAVE FUN THIS WKND !!!

Cheers
    Alex

Gino230 likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Well damn! I miss that guy wish he was out there

4. henry_carlson

Im sorry to hear that, hope you have a great time!

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind words, and Vicki was a super nice lady, but i literally met her twice. My fiancé is a little shaken, but her mom and aunt were much closer with her than we were.

it’s a sad wake up call to the other ‘symptoms‘ of the Rona.

but life goes on. Happy to be looking forward to the races.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Going on Saturday, hope to bring a kid with me.

Any promo codes out there for tickets?

rk97 likes this.
  7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Stop by and say hi. Tell the kid less brake more gas and kick ass.

Attached Files:

pjzocc, 418, noles19 and 4 others like this.
  8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

JD Beach

9. henry_carlson

He cant do stock 1000

418 likes this.
  10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Ok. Didn't know that.

11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

seems like Cam Petersen found out the brake issue.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

They're running it in Superbike. Rumor around the paddock is that the electronics that are on there are not legal for STK 1000.

13. This Floyd guy continues to get less educated on the sport instead of more. He’s a total f ing idiot.

dieterly likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Parrish not running this weekend?

15. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Roger sure started to put the screws to him on his racing background. Paraphrasing here, but something like, "don't change the subject now; how fast were you?"

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. He showed some promise simply asking RH for tech info and rider insight early in the day.

Now let’s slam half the twins field inferring they should hang it up. Roger did a good job leaving those comments alone.

I did like Roger’s, “so you could qualify for Supercross?” :crackup:

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I just walked past there. Is the RV nearby or over in the RV lot?

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Fans are definitely here. I already looks packed in the camping area. Beautiful weekend for racing.

evakat likes this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Everyone else lose MA live feed?

20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:clap: