1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PittRace MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Aug 2, 2020.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Who's planning at being at PittRace this coming weekend? I've been crossing my fingers that fans were going to be allowed given how governor Wolf has been handling things and the proximity to Allegheny county, but it looks like fans are good to go.

Have they had the paddock open for fans at the last few races?

I'll be there camping from Friday to Sunday and looking forward to seeing the Escalante/SDK battle and if anyone can inch closer to Beaubier. It doesn't seem likely but it would be nice to see some battles up front in SBK. Can't afford any mechanicals taking out any of the guys in the front.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You sure? I know neither website references this, but there is still a 250 person limit on outdoor gatherings.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

A different gathering at every corner of the track right? :flag:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol highly doubtful

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm still seeing advertising all over the place and getting emails from MA indicating fans are welcome. I was just at the track Friday and there was more than 250 people there just for the auto track day and karting event they had going on. I'm still planning on being there unless someone tells me otherwise.

Applying some common sense (I know, that really doesn't happen), a race like this really isn't like an outdoor gathering of 250 people with as much space as there is.

This is the last email I received:
    Hello Fans,

In an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy, we will be doing mandatory temperature checks at the gate. Anyone who declines to have their temperature checked and those who have a resting temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed admittance.

Thank you all for your continued support during these uncertain times, and we look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  6. ChrisS819

ChrisS819 Member

I’ll be up there all weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I agree though. The rules that are in place do specifically state outdoor sporting events with fans are banned so I am not sure how they are getting around it. I know that there has been a waiver process for many of these restrictions so perhaps something like that happened here.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There's no way of telling just how Wolf will act. He threaten to veto an act passed by the assembly until it was nearly unanimous then he let it go through without his signature.....We were allowed to have a track day back in July though I don't think we had 250 people...not sure if that would have been an issue.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

I'll be there if spectators are allowed. If anybody hears anything, post up in this thread. Thanks

renegade17 likes this.
  10. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Not sure it applies the same here, but Carlisle Car Shows went to court over wolf's threat of closure. However, Pa heath dept. withdrew it's demand before the courts responded and the spring swap meet and car show went on as planned.

Sometimes it's better to leave things in the gray area then to have a ruling against you ??

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Apparently ticket sales have been brisk, nearly on pace with last year. I'm planning to be there but also preparing alternate plans in case it doesn't happen.

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We will be there again this year, and the boy has decided to compete in the mini series cup. Will be his toughest competition yet as the complete field is stacked. I have pounded in his head, that he just needs to stay focus and learn and enjoy this chance as much as possible, and less brake and more gas and dont ride like a bitch! :crackup: J/k about the bitch part! but no really!

rk97, track wagon, vfrket and 4 others like this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Please to be keeping your diseased Ohio ass in Ohio. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

To late sucka. We is packing up as we speak, corna and all.....

cav115, Ducti89 and rd49 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even with them withdrawing their demands it sets precedent, MA is good to go.

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. It sounds like they have submitted a health plan to the state but it hasn't been approved or denied yet. The governors office is supposed to be release guidelines for spectators at scholastic sports tomorrow but I don't know if that will have any bearing.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt it as all of those plans are based on fans in bleachers/grandstands. Outside with minimal to no stands even available it should be different.

18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I was at Wisconsin and Georgia and the paddock was open! They put a rope up so you cant get super close but its open for fans

jksoft likes this.
  19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Road America 1 was the closest they got to racing before they announced no fans and that was 10 days out. I think they are past the point of no return but who the hell knows!

20. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Hopefully I will get up there for the weekend.