1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitt Race 9/12-13/2020

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure they do and I'd love to run extra loops - however I don't want the expense of a battery powered wifi setup to get the data from there to the tower or the extra decoder box plus new decoders to replace ours that wouldn't work with the new one and updated software to run it all :D

2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

First time I ever went to PITT was the WERA round last year. "Learned" the track during morning practice's downpour of rain. I wish the chicane was there for that. lol I basically had to shut half my brain off to take any speed into T16. lol "Can't really see where I'm going, but if I don't turn soon I'm gunna run into a wall"

My helmet was having some weird issue causing it to fog up. I was trying to open and close vents on the back stretch to get the fog to stop. I ended up cracking my visor slightly and that helped. Looking back on it, i was prolly mouth breathing like a mofo. hahah

Ended up being one of my favorite race weekends, and PITT is definitely my favorite track now.

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I know this isn't exactly the thread for dialogue about helmets, but I had a mind-blowing experience when a buddy of mine locked my helmet in the cracked open position. Had no idea it could do that (had a Scorpion). Took racing in the rain from a pretty sketchy experience because you can't see (and was trying to do what you did opening it occasionally) to it being crystal clear. Pinlock should provide a similar experience.

Although this isn't a democratic vote, I love the high speed kink.

Trainwreck likes this.
  4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I was using a pin lock that's why I was a little lost as to why it was fogging.

When the track dried up later in the day I absolutely loved the high speed T16.

mpusch likes this.