1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

MH?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way, he wouldn't wear the eye patch.

Sabre699 and cav115 like this.
  4. I’ve never had a problem with pissing on myself. Not everyone’s junk is so small that it doesn’t stick out further than the balls. :D

TurboBlew and cav115 like this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I don't check other dudes junk in the bathroom nor strike up conversations with random people at the urinal. I win.

Oh and buy cheap econo cars with 4 cylinders to avoid enough tickets to lose my license... Drive a Pontiac Vibe once it is like racing a 300 it is all corner speed and momentum, let off and it will be a while before you are rolling again.

beac83 and VFR#52 like this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

So what is the verdict on if it’s OK to run an open frame genny all night in close proximity to other trailers.

Now that the Predators are cheap and readily available is cost still a legitimate excuse. Hypothetically, I noticed this person has a set of chicken hawk digital warmers so money doesn’t seem to be an issue.

I was hoping they might move it or shut it off at some point but they appear to be in for the night.

They have another 10’ of cord laying next to the genny. Would it be OK if I moved it away from everyones trailers?

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Can you just move their trailer a little to block the sound? I’d try that first....

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hey, sugar, you’re a tank

;)

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Never mind. They were courteous and shut it off about 10:30. Which is fine by me. It just looked like all the lights were off and they were in for the night. I had no intention of damaging property.

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Why are you asking an internet forum instead of the owner of the generator in question? You clearly have an issue with the current situation and have a desired outcome. Do you think the internet is going to fix it for you faster than literally talking to the human connected to your problem? I'm actually really interested in your answer. Also, just for context, how old are you?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Asking here does give you input on ways to ask/act that you may not be thinking of in the moment of deafness...

BigBird likes this.
  12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

yep, and deep too. :D

Ski

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So, I'm thinking @rwdfun is busy with his racing program today. He posted at 9:45 PM yesterday, and was asking, politely, for advice/guidance/benefit of experience on a situation that was becoming worrisome. Not for the Internet to solve his problems. That sounds like a good idea to me. He didn't feel that he could deal with it directly because the other party was presumed to be down for the night. All that was clearly stated, and easily read. Happily, it turned out otherwise.

How old are you? You know, for context. Old enough to apologize?

scottn and motoracer1100 like this.
  14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Explain a resolution that doesn't begin with speaking to the owner of the generator.

I'm 41. In this exact scenario in the past, I've knocked on a trailer or camper door, had a brief conversation with a reasonable human, and arrived at an amicable solution. Seemed like the straightest line to me.

Robby-Bobby and VFR#52 like this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

A contemplated resolution can begin without the other party where that other party is perceived to be unavailable. Which is what he was asking for. Your perception is that the other party is available if their conduct is outside the norm. He was asking what is the norm.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Dragginass likes this.
  16. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Why use use reason and sense? Asking for a friend.

Circacee likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Why use tact and deference to experience? Asking for a friend.

Circacee likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ah, the passive aggressive is strong this AM. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The resolution that happened didn't involve talking to the genset owner... :D

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Why not just call him immature, instead of passive aggressively suggesting it by asking his age?

Seems like the straightest line to me.

BigBird and scottn like this.