1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull front stand question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by L8 Braker, Feb 16, 2017.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Got this off CL. Will I need a special adapter on the pin for a 2008 CBR 1000?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

The pins are sort-of bike specific, but interchangeable with different pins easily. They often fit several different bikes. Take a look at the Pit-Bull website, it should tell you what Pin # you need for your bike. Somewhere on the Pin that is currently in the stand, you'll find the number it has. If it doesn't match what you need, you can get the pin from them or a retailer for pretty cheap.

L8 Braker likes this.
  3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

The number is stamped on the end. Undo the bolt holding that one in and flip the pin over and check the number

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can pull the pin out and test fit it in your bike. May not fit exact but will work ok enough til the appropriate one is ordered.
    I some how ended up with 8 of them in my toolbox drawer. All different#s...lol

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

This. As long as the pin fits into the lower triple, you SHOULD be good. Just be sure to double check the upper fairing clearance and make sure the pin is long enough so the stand doesn't hit the upper fairing. I have no idea what pin it's supposed to fit, but this one I got works just fine for my R6. It does lift the front end like 3" more than it needs to be and makes it look super awkward because it's so nose high. I just don't care enough to buy the proper one.

6. Daniel Lyons

Daniel Lyons Member

The pins, although they cover several different manufacturers and models, are bike specific. They're website has an interactive pdf list. With that being said, I lift my bike with a #6 pin (2009 cbr600rr) and was able to lift my girlfriends ninja 250r with it loosely... But was stable enough while waiting for the #20 pin to come in. So just make sure it's stable and you'll be good to go, But do get the correct pin..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk