1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Super Corsa Race Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Faggot, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

:Pop:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet you still have absolutely no clue how it all works even with your 21st century experience. You really aren't in a position to be insulting or holier than thou about online sales...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So now you thing a small enterprise like CT racing is automated? Oh my lord this shit gets better and better.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Amazon sells far more shit products than Sears ever did.

You know what, there's no point. I'll just watch the stupid unravel.

BigBird and AC1108 like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Jeff,
    You are talking about 2 different things here, product and service. Unless the tire manufacturers, distributors or retailers decide to not sell race compound tires via online stores, I will be able to buy them. However, I will not be able to get the service at the track like if I had purchased them from that vendor. I can envision ways to make that happen, however and expand the market for those trackside providers. It would just require some different marketing strategies.
    I pretty much agree with MotoTrackSide on his perspective on the newest retail paradigm. I also find it interesting that Sears, Penney's, Montgomery Wards, etc were busy killing the general store for many products back in the late 1800's through the 1970's with the catalogs and catalog stores that they didn't make the transition back to online when the writing was on the wall with Amazon and E-bay. Some of us small town old guys remember the little Sears and Penney's store fronts where you could fill out the order form from the catalog and give it to the person and they would call you when your stuff got there in a week or two, with no shipping charge or you could have it mailed to your house and pay shipping. The Sears catalog was cool, kind of like a website except on paper.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Service Merchandise too.

BigBird likes this.
  7. kenessex

The quality of shit product isn't the issue, the business model is what is important. While small businesses may not be automated or have unskilled labor, they could look at ways to increase their accessibility to more customers. WERA doesn't make you wait to register or buy a membership or look at a schedule until you get to the track. It is still an option or you can go online and do all of that stuff. As near as I can tell, WERA has only one unskilled worker and he is protected by the boss.:Poke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One unskilled, one skilled, and Evelyne.

9. kenessex

We know Emily has Mad Skillz

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck that, pass the :beer:

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

When your amazon tires show up with 2016 or 2015 date codes who are you going to call to make it right?

Call mike at Metric Devil Moto and order them. He will give you 25$ worth of advice and only charge you $10 for shipping. It will save you in the long run.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait don't ruin this thread with common sense now,

Wait till page 99

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Thank you. Genuinely.

:beer:

14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i can get a rear TD for $180 shipped but it was $190 at the track... from the same dude but I wasn't upset because i want to support the vendor who sells them

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did the mail order one mount and balance itself and dispose of your old one?

Cuz that’d be one helluva trick!

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This guy has the self-awareness level of dude with girlfriend-phone-pics.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  17. Faggot

Faggot Birth of League

that just one example. My point is brick and mortar retail is done. That's all I am saying and this was more to answer why I think free shipping is just part of the deal. If you dont think that is factual, well you have every right to think in that format. That's good for you.

Here is a store for you.

:dead:

:timeforabeer:

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Another know-it-all millenial.............hooray:cool:

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

If brick and mortar retail is done, who is going to install those tires for you and recommend pressures? The tires, absent of service and support, are not as valuable a product as those same tires with service and support.

I am a brick and mortar that also sets up remote brick and mortars (er, aluminum and steels) at race tracks all over the east coast. As long as there are motorcycles on race tracks, I don't see us going away.

jd41, BigBird, TX Joose and 3 others like this.
  20. Faggot

Faggot Birth of League

uhhhh I've own my own nomar for more than 10 years already. :)